Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sarathi » Fri May 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Sarathi

Subject title: Portrait_Indian old couple

Critiques and comments are welcome..
01.jpg

Postby Ambiguity » Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 am

Ambiguity

Are the heads meant to be big like caricatures, or is that an accident? I would paint more of the woman's shoulder in, the fact that it jumps to complete darkness when nothing else on that side does is a little jarring. You might consider making either the white shirt or white sash slightly darker than the other as well to different between the two materials, it was a bit visually confusing to me at first(although the little hints of blue in the sash help). I'd go back and soften up the hairline transitions on both of them too. They're pretty nice towards the top, but the side locks on both of them are a bit too sharp, almost as if the hair is glued on there. All that said, this is pretty well painted and drawn over all, good job :).

Postby Sarathi » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:29 pm

Sarathi

Ambiguity wrote:Are the heads meant to be big like caricatures, or is that an accident? I would paint more of the woman's shoulder in, the fact that it jumps to complete darkness when nothing else on that side does is a little jarring. You might consider making either the white shirt or white sash slightly darker than the other as well to different between the two materials, it was a bit visually confusing to me at first(although the little hints of blue in the sash help). I'd go back and soften up the hairline transitions on both of them too. They're pretty nice towards the top, but the side locks on both of them are a bit too sharp, almost as if the hair is glued on there. All that said, this is pretty well painted and drawn over all, good job :).

Thank you very much for the critique. busy days, couldn't reply immediately
# They are very old. This is the actual body proportions.
# White shirt and sash same material.
Yes, ill concentrate on hairline transitions. :D
I'll upload reference image soon.
Thank you once again for your valuable time.

Return to Critique This!