Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Mon May 14, 2018 6:17 am

SlimRock

Subject title: Archer

Sup Forum.
Been a while since my last post. Here's an Archer I've been working on.
Comments and crits are always welcome.

Higher rez version is on my Artstation (https://www.artstation.com/Muk1R1)
Archer-Rez.png

Postby Audiazif » Tue May 15, 2018 2:20 am

Audiazif

I think the fit and finish is done very well. I think this looks more "complete" than you other work. Not sure how that works. I would say the lighting effects are almost there. I think the glow from the bow would be most intense on the hand, foot, and the branch, then it would dissipate outward. The way I see it now is that under the thigh is getting most of the light. The glowing come across well but, to me, it seems to not be in the right place. I also think there is a big anatomical flaw, mainly with the neck. Right now it looks like the neck is abnormally long. I don't think that you would be seeing that much of the head and face in this pose. I think part if not most of the head and face would be obstructed by the collar of the cape and the shoulder.

Apart from those issues, I think this is this is a very nice piece. I would keep it up. It seems like you are heading in a good direction. Great work! :)
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby SlimRock » Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 am

SlimRock

Thanks for the feedback Audiazif, much appreciated.
I'll definitely consider your pointers going forward :) :) .
Audiazif wrote:I think the fit and finish is done very well. I think this looks more "complete" than you other work.
Apart from those issues, I think this is this is a very nice piece. I would keep it up. It seems like you are heading in a good direction. Great work! :)

Return to Critique This!