Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby CelineLind » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:22 am

CelineLind

Subject title: Critique me!

I feel like my art hasnt moved forward a lot in quite a long time, and I'd like to get some critique on my my work, so I know what to work on futher! :) Heres a few exmples.

You can also find more on my deviantart. https://celinelind.deviantart.com/
Witches revenge27.jpg
Teacher_Witch.jpg
Pic.jpg

Postby Audiazif » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Audiazif

I would maybe work on something new and outside of your comfort zone. When you work within your comfort zone you tend to not improve much because you are not taking risks and you are making the same decisions. Outside of your comfort zone you will have to make new decisions and have new obstacles to overcome. This will help you to see where you are struggling because you are coming at things with a different perspective.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby DarkLored123 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:31 pm

DarkLored123

I think it would be best if you focus on the fundamentals more, rather than doing actual finished pieces at this point. It is much more effective to isolate skills that you want to learn and practice them individually and combine them later in an actual illustration. If I were you, I would shift my focus towards perspective, form & shapes, and symmetry. You are lacking in these areas and having control over them will make the quality of your work much better, and it will allow you to focus on more complex subjects of study in the future. Hope my input has helped you out.

Postby CelineLind » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:00 pm

CelineLind

DarkLored123 wrote:I think it would be best if you focus on the fundamentals more, rather than doing actual finished pieces at this point. It is much more effective to isolate skills that you want to learn and practice them individually and combine them later in an actual illustration. If I were you, I would shift my focus towards perspective, form & shapes, and symmetry. You are lacking in these areas and having control over them will make the quality of your work much better, and it will allow you to focus on more complex subjects of study in the future. Hope my input has helped you out.

Thank you for the reply, If I might ask, Im not really sure how to do studies nor how to practice skills, Ive always just drawn what I feel like drawing at the time, but I really want to get good at it at this point, so, how do I practise these skills? Is there some kind of guide I could follow to practis or something like that? :)

Postby DarkLored123 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:45 am

DarkLored123

CelineLind wrote:
DarkLored123 wrote:I think it would be best if you focus on the fundamentals more, rather than doing actual finished pieces at this point. It is much more effective to isolate skills that you want to learn and practice them individually and combine them later in an actual illustration. If I were you, I would shift my focus towards perspective, form & shapes, and symmetry. You are lacking in these areas and having control over them will make the quality of your work much better, and it will allow you to focus on more complex subjects of study in the future. Hope my input has helped you out.

Thank you for the reply, If I might ask, Im not really sure how to do studies nor how to practice skills, Ive always just drawn what I feel like drawing at the time, but I really want to get good at it at this point, so, how do I practise these skills? Is there some kind of guide I could follow to practis or something like that? :)

I'll give you a generic example. Lets say you want to practice perspective, instead of going straight into drawing characters in perspective, it could be more effective and easy for you to start with simple forms like cubes, cylinders, etc... that way when you do try to tackle a challenge like drawing a character in perspective you will already have an idea on how perspective works and you'll slowly build experience.

If I am honest, I am in the same boat as you, I am not sure with whether what I am doing is beneficial for me or not. It is better to just do something, than look for a way to easily get over with the problem, just think about the skill you want to improve and invest your attention to that, and the practice will speak for itself.

Return to Critique This!