Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SquigglySquirrel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:19 pm

SquigglySquirrel

Subject title: First Return to Art, critique me!

Haven't drawn in years, finally returned when I bought a new tablet. I originally found the form for this on DeviantArt almost a decade ago but never did anything with it until now, finally decided that I wanted to get back into art and liked the freedom of digital. I really want to hear the opinions on this from people I don't know (all my friends are too nice I think), I know there are some really sharp edges that I just didn't get rid of before but I want to know what others see. So, critique me!
Pictures Last Longer-Sycra post.jpg

Postby Josephcow » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:25 am

Josephcow

You could benefit from thinking more about drawing through objects, not just the outline around the character. Make sure you are thinking about the things youre drawing as 3d objects, and how they work together.
For example, how do the ears attach to the head? How does the head rest on the shoulders, where does her pelvis occur? What's the basic structure underneath the fur and skin?

Drawing what's underneath the hair, and what goes beyond the canvas helps to develop believability.

Return to Critique This!