Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby godsi » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:58 pm

godsi

Subject title: Girl holding a monster head.

(Sorry couldn't think of a proper title, lol.)
I would like a general critique of my painting. I have it side by side, without the filter and with the filter. It's finished so I may not make any revisions, but I would like to know if there are any mistakes before I start another one. Thank you!
4x.png

Postby Spider » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Spider

I think the filter on the second one could be toned down a little bit, because it feels like the lighting on the second one, particularly in the hair and legs just draws a lot of attention away from the face.
I like to darken the surroundings of the character and lighten the face, or areas where I'm trying to draw attention.

The head and the head of the monster seem a little unaligned, but that might be intentional
I really like the design of the monster head though, very nice vibrant colors. :D

Postby godsi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:20 am

godsi

Spider wrote:I think the filter on the second one could be toned down a little bit, because it feels like the lighting on the second one, particularly in the hair and legs just draws a lot of attention away from the face.
I like to darken the surroundings of the character and lighten the face, or areas where I'm trying to draw attention.

The head and the head of the monster seem a little unaligned, but that might be intentional
I really like the design of the monster head though, very nice vibrant colors. :D

Thank you so much for your response!

Return to Critique This!