Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 am

DrawingGuy31

Subject title: Critique my wip

I should've made some thumbnails to get my idea across more but anyway, here's a portrait I'm working on of Mikasa Ackerman. It's still a wip but :v
wip.PNG

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:04 am

Ambiguity

I'd move the eyes down a tad, and that scarf and suspender don't look like they should be lit by that top right light, but other than that, it's too early to crit for me.

Postby Alluffer » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 am

Alluffer

Nice start for your painting! Firstly I would get rid of the grey frame, it makes it look like an awkward school-photo and not like an actual scene.

I think Mikasas' hair is supposed to be black and so you can really go dark on her hair on the shadowed side. Black hair has also more grey tones under sunlight, so I think you could tone down the brown just a little bit. You could also reshape her hair a bit. I know that in anime the hair is really round, but if you're going with a more realistic take, I think you could add that on the hair too by making it more close to the scalp.

There is a little bit of an anatomical problem with the shoulders; they are a bit too high and it's making her look a bit too masculine.

And just little thing but you could make the scarf more red. It's Mikasas' signature thing and by emphasizing that, you make the character more recognizable.

Quick paint over to demonstrate, hope this helps!

Return to Critique This!