Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Constantine666 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:56 am

Constantine666

Subject title: Punk Girl Photoshop

I know stuff is wrong with it (the missing back arm) but I'm looking for more input. Thanks to anyone willing to help
Punk Girl Reduced.jpg

Postby Kendra » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 am

Kendra

Her right arm is too high and too much behind her and actually looks like someone's twisting it from the shoulder, I'd have a foreshortened arm more to her side there for some perspective. I'd also lower her kick to make the pose more believeable. But that's just my preference.
I have social anxiety

Postby Spider » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 am

Spider

I might have not put her dark hair against a dark background, makes it hard to see

Postby lled » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:17 pm

lled

There are motion lines where her arm is swinging, but you can't really see them. Maybe make the lines white instead. Also the color scheme seems a little off. You have a bright blue with some dull red, maybe change it to a different shade of red, or have it more saturated. The only other thing is all of her body is illuminated by the light, except for her hair. It makes it kind of sink into the background. You might want to make a shine on it, so that it fits in with the rest of her body and gives it dimension.

Nothing major, just little tweaks to make more variety, while still unifying it further. Looks great!

Postby Snakebreath » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:52 am

Snakebreath

Felt like the pose was a bit stiff. People very rarely have their limbs completely locked straight out, put your arm out behind you completely straight and feel how awkward it is. I put some bend in the limbs and contorted the torse and bottom leg to give the pose even more bends and motion. Overall really nice! Would just suggest altering some of the colours to make sure nothing is being lost in lack of contrast (for example the hair against the dark BG).
Punk Girl Reduced.jpg

Return to Critique This!