Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby ColonelHacker12 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm

ColonelHacker12

Subject title: Critique "Witchblade" Character Studies.

This from copying from freeze frames of Witchblade characters I copied with pencil then scanned in then filled in digitally; what do you think?

Last edited by ColonelHacker12 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY SKETCHBOOK (NSFW)

MY INSTAGRAM

"What are you looking at?!" - POTUS Francis Underwood

Postby Audiazif » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Audiazif

What was your goal in copying the still frames? Usually when I hear of someone studying stills from anime they are trying to study the dynamic poses. Your drawings are of static poses so I doubt that is what you were trying to do. They also don't seem to look like they are in the style of the anime (judging from what google image search brings up) so I don' think you were studying the style. If you were just drawing for the sake of drawing, that is fine. I would maybe work on tidying things up a little more. Some areas are a little sloppy imo.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby ColonelHacker12 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 pm

ColonelHacker12

I copying a scene where a character was trying out weird costumes and she was standing still. And thanks for the feedback.
MY SKETCHBOOK (NSFW)

MY INSTAGRAM

Postby Kendra » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Kendra

This is less of a critique and more of an idea what to do on your way. Since what you like drawing involves lineart, I'd use this kind of study to practice my strokes. So instead of back and forth or other mini moves of the pencil to get the desired contour, rather try to make bigger, smoother, cleaner, more precise strokes. You might have to use undo a lot in the beginning but continuing a line with many ministrokes doesn't look as clean and will waste you a lot of time in the long run.
I have social anxiety

Postby ColonelHacker12 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 am

ColonelHacker12

Yeah, I'll take that on board, thanks.
MY SKETCHBOOK (NSFW)

MY INSTAGRAM

Return to Critique This!