Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby CelineLind » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 am

CelineLind

Subject title: Drawing the suroundings

I have come back to drawing after 6 months without it. Im at a point where I kind of feel like ether I will have to commit to learning to draw better, or not do it at all. All my life, my biggest issue has been scenery. Sure, I can draw, and have drawn, hundreds of charecters, but ask me to draw a cat? well I cant. So it took me quite a while to even get an idee into my head. but, I did finnish my first ever fully drawn picture. I know its hard to critique something that is the first, as we are still learning and trying out our basics. and I am planing to do loads more, I already have a second one on the go Im working on, but I do want to know what I can improve on this one, mostlly as it comes to composition, and the overall feel to the drawing, as well as the coloring work. What can I improve upon for my next piece? :)
Witches revenge27.jpg

Postby Mandilor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:33 am

Mandilor

Here is a small simple idea that is easy to do and will help. You have this purple atmospheric fog in the foreground in front of the character. This is opposite of how things normally work and look. Usually fog gets more noticeable the further away it is from us. So what I would recommend is putting the fog behind the character (maybe keep a little in front). This will help cut down the noise of the bookshelves in the background while bringing the more important elements like the table and dolls of the floor into focus.

Postby CelineLind » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:24 am

CelineLind

Mandilor wrote:Here is a small simple idea that is easy to do and will help. You have this purple atmospheric fog in the foreground in front of the character. This is opposite of how things normally work and look. Usually fog gets more noticeable the further away it is from us. So what I would recommend is putting the fog behind the character (maybe keep a little in front). This will help cut down the noise of the bookshelves in the background while bringing the more important elements like the table and dolls of the floor into focus.

Ohh, thats a really great ide! :O

Return to Critique This!