Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Steamrider » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Steamrider

Subject title: Gardevoir - extremely new to digital art

looking for some feedback on this commission. I'm still very new to digital art in this style, this is my third attempt at this and i want to know if im going in a good direction. thank you!

24204807_896420450534743_1893297322_n.png

Postby warm-wax » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:19 pm

warm-wax

Very good for a beginner!! I like the highlighting, and you clearly have a good grasp on colour. The overall colour pallete of this one is good

One thing I would do is clean up the lineart. I could do this by erasing bits to smooth it (like in the points of her "dress" or her hair) to make the points thinner and sharper. When I do lineart, I toggle between the eraser and the pen tool in order to get exactly what I want. Make sure the line-art, colour and background at least are all on different layers to make it easier to work with. The more I get into digital art, the more layers I end up using.

Another would be to use a smaller brush to do the lineart with. It's harder, but I generally looks better and allows for more detail to be achieved.

Postby Steamrider » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 am

Steamrider

Thanks for the feedback!

yeah, I did try to keep the lineart clean. Ill hopefully get better at that through more experience. I definitely have a thing for thick lineart but it seems alot of people dont like it. so ill experiment with thinner stuff in the future

Return to Critique This!