Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby samara » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:46 am

samara

Subject title: Anything I can improve

I did a little funky artwork of Yolandi Visser from Die Antwoord. Not sure if theres too much going on with the abstract red, blue and orange around her. If theres anything else that looks odd, please do critique me!
yolandidone.png

Postby warm-wax » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 pm

warm-wax

Idk i think any suggestion is just going to come down to personal taste. The rendering on the hair needs some work. Also I think the severed neck doesn't really work because its way too thin to be the actual neck, so it looks a little cheesy. The face is very good and I like the composition.

Postby Alpacky » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Alpacky

I might be wrong but this looks sorta photobashed and painted over?
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby samara » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 am

samara

warm-wax wrote:Idk i think any suggestion is just going to come down to personal taste. The rendering on the hair needs some work. Also I think the severed neck doesn't really work because its way too thin to be the actual neck, so it looks a little cheesy. The face is very good and I like the composition.

Yea I seem to have a bit of trouble when it comes to hair. I don't seem to find rendering hair very fun, so i've been neglecting on working on it lately. Should really work on that!! And yea, I think I might have rushed with the neck part so I'll fix that up! Thank you :)

Alpacky wrote:I might be wrong but this looks sorta photobashed and painted over?

Before I did the abstract background around her, I had painted a quick study of her face and liked it, then continued from there. So in the rushing of my abstract colours around her, I might have left a spot where that study is peeking out!

Return to Critique This!