Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Belu » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 am

Belu

Subject title: Critic my drawings

Hi I am 15 Artist I want to be a professional concept artist and I am looking for a feed back (other than use unlined paper) on what should I work on and how I can improve my work
Your critic will be valuable for me .
Thank you
1578720787146.jpg
1578720771524.jpg
1578720760237.jpg
IMG_20200111_110505.jpg

Postby Iksnerogib » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Iksnerogib

Your drawings look promising.
But also looks like they are missing structure and planning.
You also have the tendency to draw the eye that's on the right side of the paper bigger than the other.

I would suggest reading "Figure Drawing for All It's Worth" from Andrew Loomis, and learning "standard" proportions and mannequinization from it.
Maybe you're not looking for standard proportions, but they are the base for anything else.

You can find the pdf everywhere online, but I suggest buying the physical book if you can.
How am I posting?
Call 1-800-against-rules

Postby svarn » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:38 pm

svarn

That's pretty good for such a young age :) Especially the 2nd drawing.
You're on a right track to your goals.

I'd highly recommend using paper with no lines. You could buy some cheap sketchbook or even use print paper.

Postby merukit » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 am

merukit

maybe work on drawing more than just head + shoulders if you want to become a concept artist. when you work on drawing whole figures try to keep design and overall shape in mind. also try to draw faces more angled, not just front on or slightly rotated (try a side view, or try to see how a character looks from the back or top or angled in another direction). if that paper is normal lined paper your drawings also may be a little small, try to draw something bigger to make sure you understand exactly how each part is supposed to look at any size. errors are less noticeable when the over all piece is smaller.

Return to Critique This!