Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Azy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:09 am

Azy

Subject title: General Illustration Critique

Was hoping for some general critique on this image! I don't do a lot of finished work so it this is a bit out of my comfort zone, but overall I'm happy with what I was able to do. I don't really know much about color so I was generally just picking what I thought looked good together. I wanted it to be on the simpler side of coloring techniques, more flat color and cell-shaded ish.

Also I'm not super great at backgrounds so I kinda just threw something together that I thought kind of worked.
finished.PNG

Postby Cedric » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Cedric

Hi,

The background shapes are very sharp and distinctly drawn. However a problem arises, because the curves of those shapes are distracting the eyes of the viewer. It goes off page. Additionally, for the style that you're going for, it looks great, but I find the teeth kind of odd and muddy and the ear is a bit too long and tilted compared to the rest of the head. But well done over all.
lol.jpg

Return to Critique This!