Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby PineapplePants » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:10 am

PineapplePants

Subject title: Thoughts on W.I.P. Witch Sketch

Hi, I'm making my witchsona for my assignment, and I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on how I should go about improving this? I'll probably post some more updated pics of it tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 10.08.02 PM.png

Postby DarkLored123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

DarkLored123

You might want to add more things to the piece that would indicate that the character is clearly a witch, like a magical orb, potions, and even increasing the hoodie of the robe can give some more indication. The skeleton itself doesn't give enough context to indicate that she is a witch, there can be endless possibilities to how that skeleton is there, so giving the right visual cues can make the illusion more interesting.

You might also want to level the witch with the skeleton's seating level, since he has no meat she can't really sit on his lap unless she is sitting on his bones which would probably be uncomfortable so indicating the surface they are both sitting on could help out with placing the characters in the right position. That's all I can give you in terms of critique with the information you gave, there are some placement and perspective errors but there isn't enough information to go off of since it is a sketch, so I recommend just taking your time and making sure everything is right and that gives you a clear impression that the character is a witch.

Return to Critique This!