Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Weaver » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:43 am

Weaver

Subject title: Slightly NSFW-Art for a title page/landing page

Hi everyone.

Here's an older work I made for the title page for my portfolio and later was my landing page for a portfolio website.
The left area is left blank for text.

Please be sure to also check out the larger image HERE
and zoom in to see the details on the face and let me know if there is anything I can do to improve this.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Postby Mandilor » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Mandilor

I think the anatomy could use to fixing. The pit of the neck (I assume those shapes are the pit of the neck) are too low. The trapezius looks like it's missing. The deltoid looks cartoonish as just a dome, it's more teardrop shaped it reality. The lats and ribs feel like they're missing.

Also watch out of tangents, the leaf and her elbow the one next to that with her arm. Be very careful and selective with where you place things.

Remember to draw threw your forms.

Here is a quick draw over. I hope it helps.

Postby Weaver » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:03 am

Weaver

Mandilor wrote:I think the anatomy could use to fixing. The pit of the neck (I assume those shapes are the pit of the neck) are too low. The trapezius looks like it's missing. The deltoid looks cartoonish as just a dome, it's more teardrop shaped it reality. The lats and ribs feel like they're missing.

Also watch out of tangents, the leaf and her elbow the one next to that with her arm. Be very careful and selective with where you place things.

Remember to draw threw your forms.

Here is a quick draw over. I hope it helps.

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time for the re-draw. I'll re-post once I'm done adding in some of your suggestions. I like the follow through on your sketch for the fingers and the arm, but I think I'll probably keep the neck longer and leave more of the body undrawn. Maybe I'll add a shadow versus a hard line.

Again, thanks.

Postby snisetski » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 pm

snisetski

Hey! Nice work overall. The anatomy could be better. The trapezius muscle is a bit too low.

Return to Critique This!