Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Corne-branche » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Corne-branche

Subject title: Corne-branche's sketchbook

Hey everyone !

I realized that I didn't improved that much this year. It was frustrating to know that I was "so satisfided" with the level I have actually, I stopped making any efforts to improve unike previous years.See, my first big goal when I was 13 was drawing characters in a cool way. Now I'm 20 and I don't find this challenging anymore- I have to push myself to the next level and this sketchbook seem to be a great excuse to practice/study more! Getting feedback would be great too and I'd love to get connected with artsy peoples :D

I plan to draw everyday for 1hour at least - whate ever it is study, doodles, anatomy, etc. ... I'll try to make myself learning something new everyday!

Here is what I'mdoing for the ART WAR challenge (clic for a bigger size):
It's the very first time I'm doing this, I don't know where Im going neither what to expect. I choosed fantasy- might change everything of stick with the original idea ^^
The original topic is here. I give some more info about the character.

If you are curious here is my gallery.
It would be good to have some clue on what I can/should improve ~
Random english and space potatos ...
Sketchbook // Instagram // DevianTart

Postby Corne-branche » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 am

Corne-branche

Some gesture drawings ... It's been a while since last session ^w^
study2 291216.jpg

Postby Corne-branche » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Corne-branche

Photo study ~2h30
Reference
I sometime picked colors from the photo or lowered the opacity over my painting to see if everything was matching. I hope to no use that anymore in the future ^^
study face 291216.jpg

Postby Corne-branche » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Corne-branche

Drawing " La madame corne branche" as a stress reliver.

She's somewhat my mascot that's why I choosed this pseudo instead of "Shiroka" which has less meaning than the corne branche's concept it self.

Corne branche are not dear nor satryre. They are emotional spirits living in the wild imagination of any being and they nourish themselves out of idea, experience of life, knowlegean the hapiness of the being. They are mute, their only way to understand the world is emotions which lead them to be naïve and childlike for a long period of time.
By being in a state of satisfation and hapiness for a long periode of time, they may blow wonderful flower with a unique fragance.
They can be brave sometimes and starting to fight their fear and negative emotion by themselves.
Mine likes to hang lanterns on her branches ... it represents friendship.
screen.png

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

Kyoobies

Oooooooh, that's a cool looking character. :3 I love legs like that.
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Postby Fergato » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Fergato

Welcome to the forum!
It's a good thing that you've realized that you've to keep working and never stop. Once you get rusty it's hard to get on track again.
I like your work, especially the last character, "La madame corne branche". Is an idea you've come up with, or it's part of something else?
I think the lanterns should be a bit bigger, if I have to say something. ;)
Enjoy the forum, it's full of cool people!
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

Postby N.K. » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

N.K.

The colors in your last study look amazing! I'm a big fan of using such lightning <3
Keep it up!

Postby Corne-branche » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Corne-branche

@Kyoobies @N.K. Thank you!
@Fergato It's an original character ... like most of my characters, some are part of a story some are not like Corne branche :D

Back to school + a lot of work, still I manage to make some doodle and getting done with homworks ~
Some recents sketches ... I'll put some traditional one later. Let's admit that digital art is easier to upload than traditional art-

The Creature I'm trying to devlelop are called Barshtek: a sort of fantasy camel used by a tribe of sage living isolated in the desert. And some experiment with on of my Oc and Corne branche when she's hunting, or trying to be brave ~
screen.png

Postby Fergato » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Fergato

Corne-branche wrote:@Fergato It's an original character ... like most of my characters, some are part of a story some are not like Corne branche :D

Nice character you've created then.
I like your last sketches. Very clean.
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

Postby Corne-branche » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:42 am

Corne-branche

@Fergato : Thank you ^^

WIP for an illustration assignement. I hand to design a land artist and 5+ other character but the process is so long that finishing evertything in time is almost impossible
screen.png

Postby Corne-branche » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 am

Corne-branche

Doodle made in class ... I have so little time to draw due to the load of homeworks
20170119_125433.jpg

Postby Cherryboi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:55 am

Cherryboi

I really like your gesture drawings ^^

Postby Nymzo » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Nymzo

The corne branche (I hope I'm not messing it up) looks awesome, definitely sparked my imagination. Is it a mythological being or your own creation, 'cause I can't find it on Google? Looking forward to see more.

Postby Corne-branche » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Corne-branche

@Nymzo : Thank you! It's a personal creation/project based on my own emotions. I use this caracter to retranscirpt/realese them.

There's a lot of meaning behind her design. The branch are ideas, thought that evolve as you grow up and experience life which is linked as well to realtionship ~ Feeling lost in life is a common thing but if there's a thing that keep us moving forward, that enlight our bad days, it's the one we know and we cherish. That's why she has lanterns on her "horns".
The legs are more bout the wildness of the emotion itstelf ? I don't know it sometimes come to my mind whitout any explanations ... it's just good as it is?

Yeay-! I finally got the time to start coloring her
screen.png

Postby Corne-branche » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Corne-branche

Sketches/doodle made in class

Postby Ragamuffin » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:29 am

Ragamuffin

Very nice sketches! And you work in some intiguing ideas too. :)

Postby Valkhira » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:32 am

Valkhira

Corne-branche wrote:There's a lot of meaning behind her design. The branch are ideas, thought that evolve as you grow up and experience life which is linked as well to realtionship ~ Feeling lost in life is a common thing but if there's a thing that keep us moving forward, that enlight our bad days, it's the one we know and we cherish. That's why she has lanterns on her "horns".
The legs are more bout the wildness of the emotion itstelf ? I don't know it sometimes come to my mind whitout any explanations ... it's just good as it is?

Wonderful concept. I've always loved the idea of physical things being symbols of much greater things, like ideas or emotions. There's a powerful magic on that.

My cruel mind can't help but think of what would happen if her horns were torn off though... depression? Apathy? An ashen version of her would be interesting. But that would be sad, so, let's hope those ideas bloom bright for a long time ^^
My tradition is the art of superstition.
Follow the white rabbit: Alice's Sketchbook

Postby Corne-branche » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Corne-branche

@Ragamuffin Thank you!

@Valkhira : I've aleardy througt of that and it's nearly impossible to survive ... It represent everything ideas and they've been trought - nearly everything they are. Taking that off would mean being amnesic (?) or turning into a veggies. But death still the best option to me.
My corne branche is already anxious and prompt to depression due to her innocent and naive approach of life. Sha has de constant feeling of melancoly for almost everything, mostly past experience with emotional negative impact. That's why I don't draw her with flowers.

She has an anxiety form in my last skeches (7 FEV- on the bottom center) I'm trying to devlopp ... it might be a pat of a future project who's know ~

Today's skekches ... nothing interesting-
Only this weird face that keep coming back idk why

Postby Corne-branche » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Corne-branche

Lazy study ... I was only interested into coloring, playing with texture and replicating colors so I traced over the image. It was somwhat fun to do but I wish to do it again, this time by doing the whole process by my own.
Ref : https://fr.pinterest.com/pin/343540277810904256/
colorstudy traced 230217.png
Last edited by Corne-branche on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheecken » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Cheecken

Hey! I find the painting of the woman with the branches really intruiging. The last one you posted also is really interesting to look at.
Add me on Steam you little gardening tool, or female dog
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chaycken/

Postby Corne-branche » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Corne-branche

@Cheecken Thank you !

Here is another study. I tried to get the color right and I played a bit with edge control and level of rendering ^^
Ref : https://fr.pinterest.com/pin/533184043369338057/
copycolor study 250217.png

Postby Ragamuffin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Ragamuffin

Your studies look really good :)

Postby Steeliebob » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:31 am

Steeliebob

Pretty amazing work. The last portrait is the best. :)

Postby Corne-branche » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Corne-branche

@Ragamuffin @Steeliebob Thank you ^^

I really enjoy making studies but ... I wanted to experiement a little bit more with painting techniques. Here is Martins, one of my OC in his "demon/god" form.
I decided to play around colors and I tryed to contrast a little bit more arround soft/hard edge ~~
test colomartins 270217.png

Postby Corne-branche » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Corne-branche

Again, Hydra one of my ~12 OCs.
She's a nearly 300 years old spider-demon. By the past, she participated to the foundation of the "Fauconniers" a secret organization who's taking care of all kinds of demons (both normal, pure and hybrids) and trying to initiate them to the human's culture and vis versa with humans, so they can live peacefully together. Hydra was the director's secretary for more than 175 years - no need to say that she did her job very well.
She’s born under the lust's sin and have sometimes ... "phases" you know ... Unfortunately, a demon came to know about it and had the wonderful idea to manipulate trough appearance, sexual favors and more until he could completely erase her existence from everyone's memory and replace by himself. Yup, all of this to take her permanent job.
She was then accused of murder, fraud, human traffic ... and so on, send to prison with only contact ... the guy who manipulated her.
IMG_20170306_0002.jpg

Next

Return to Sketchbook