Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Engell79 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Engell79

Subject title: Engell79 book of pictures [NSFW]

Just playing with pro create and it's options this happend as a result.

Postby Engell79 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:50 pm

Engell79

HERE a bit late but now its done 2nd part of my Malheaven story line for studyproject and learning.

https://youtu.be/YciOFzY4XtY

Remember to watch the prelude first if u havent :-) othervise much wont make sence: https://youtu.be/7c4LZ36vIWI

MALHEAVEN PART 2 HERE

Postby Markus Creation » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Markus Creation

Cool comic! If I can give you a tiny critique - I would say those small panels in the last page -where the character is pushing a button- are a bit too small. I really had trouble to recognize whats in the panels. Besides that cool stuff!

Postby Artenthusiast » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:51 pm

Artenthusiast

I really like how you've been pushing yourself lately. There's clear improvement in your draftsmenship and doing all these illustrations will help you tons with compositional shots and storytelling. You're well on your way to reaching your goals!
Aspiring concept artist/illustrator/graphic novelist

"With great power comes great bullshit."

My sketchbook: http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p196780

Postby MichoJarocho » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:01 pm

MichoJarocho

Your page is cool, the only critique I would give is that you should start with a panel that gives continuity to the whole story, so that the reader can understand what's going on. I would start with an open frame where the guy looking at the box and then zooming in at the character's eyes and then at the box. This can make the reader get more involved w/the story. "Framed Ink" by Marcos Mateu-Mestre is an awesome book you can study from :)

Postby Koźlik » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Koźlik

Thanks for including me as character in your last story chapter lol
Your last works look really intresting!
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby Engell79 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Engell79

MichoJarocho wrote:Your page is cool, the only critique I would give is that you should start with a panel that gives continuity to the whole story, so that the reader can understand what's going on. I would start with an open frame where the guy looking at the box and then zooming in at the character's eyes and then at the box. This can make the reader get more involved w/the story. "Framed Ink" by Marcos Mateu-Mestre is an awesome book you can study from :)

Hi Micho, looked into that book, looks pretty intresting. one thing though, is that the pages are not for a comic, but an Audio picture book. Even so, i still think your critique has merit.
thank you for refrencening to the book it will be on my to-buy list :-)

just orderd an Anatomy book ref. by Artenthusiast and Ben Dunn's how to draw Si-Fi. , but Framed ink, deff on my next batch of books.

Artenthusiast wrote:I really like how you've been pushing yourself lately. There's clear improvement in your draftsmenship and doing all these illustrations will help you tons with compositional shots and storytelling. You're well on your way to reaching your goals!

Thx Arte, its nice to hear others being abel to see it... :-) that way i know i aint crazy ha ha... well, your a good part of the reason helping me improve in tha hangouts... maybe we
should dub them 'learn-with-Arthe-angs."

Markus Creation wrote:Cool comic! If I can give you a tiny critique - I would say those small panels in the last page -where the character is pushing a button- are a bit too small. I really had trouble to recognize whats in the panels. Besides that cool stuff!

yea, the 1000x1000 isnt the best format for pictures made for widescreen. the original is some 6400*4800 (16:10 format.), so the translation wen i downsize em sometimes looses the minor details.
& thank you for the compliment

Koźlik wrote:Thanks for including me as character in your last story chapter lol
Your last works look really intresting!

NP! thx for the continued inspiration your forum sketch book provides!

Postby Xiphor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Xiphor

The studies are looking awesome engell! The body construction is looking better and better. Also the box-men look great :D

Postby Engell79 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:26 am

Engell79

Xiphor wrote:The studies are looking awesome engell! The body construction is looking better and better. Also the box-men look great :D

Thank you xiphor, it's really nice to get feedback. Actually been rather lucky with getting feedback lately.. makes happi..

The box men are from Vilppu, been studying his book.

New pic, posting my process as well.

Postby Unknown001 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 am

Unknown001

great work!! I think you did a great work with the perspective :D
I would be careful with the arms, they are way to long at the moment tho :/ Keep the great work ^-^
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

Postby KeaneFox » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 am

KeaneFox

i feel dizzy looking at it.

Postby Kyoobies » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Kyoobies

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that is a good angle! I second what Keanefox said.
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Postby Engell79 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Engell79

KeaneFox wrote:i feel dizzy looking at it.

Thank you, means atleast I got some of it right

Kyoobies wrote:Daaaaaaaaaaaamn that is a good angle! I second what Keanefox said.

He he, well glad it has an effect...

Unknown001 wrote:great work!! I think you did a great work with the perspective :D
I would be careful with the arms, they are way to long at the moment tho :/ Keep the great work ^-^

Your right the arms are both about a hand to long.... something I'll have to be more observant about. Thx for observing it, had missed it. Apriciate the critique.

Experimenting with effects in Procreate;

Experiment with Procreate and different brushes

Postby Ragamuffin » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm

Ragamuffin

Ouch :/

Nice job with these drawings! :D

Postby Markus Creation » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:34 am

Markus Creation

Wow, lately youre making impressive advanced perspective stuff! Keep going, looks impressive and quite correct as far as I can see.

Postby Unknown001 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 am

Unknown001

I agree with Markus. You've been doing great and the hard work shows!! Keep it up ^-^
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

Postby Engell79 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:54 pm

Engell79

Thx Ragamuffin :D

Thank you Marcus I've been striving for a deeper understanding of perspective and foreshortened stuff which
Is a big subject.

Unknown, thx :D , I'm glad it's showing threw, cuz it's always hardest to see your self.

Well been awful busy lately, and between 3 kids with flu and my self taking a turn, all I've mustered lately is some doodles like these :?

Postby Ellustration » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Ellustration

The progress you've made is amazing! I really like the look at your process too (and that perspective :shock: )

Postby Wyntry » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Wyntry

NICE! Everytime I come back I see something more awesome than the time before! :D
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artofwyntry/

Postby Engell79 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Engell79

Playin with cartooning.

Doodle stuff
Last edited by Engell79 on Fri May 19, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Engell79 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Engell79

Ellustration wrote:The progress you've made is amazing! I really like the look at your process too (and that perspective :shock: )

Thank you so much for the comment, means a lot to hear people say that :D

Postby Engell79 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Engell79

Wyntry wrote:NICE! Everytime I come back I see something more awesome than the time before! :D

Awww man thx dude! I'm glad u like my book

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook