Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

 

Postby DarkLored123 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 am

  DarkLored123
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Subject title: The frivolous hand of Telepurte

Good job, I like your work ethic and animations. Keep up the great work!

 

Postby geryes » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:14 am

User avatar
  geryes
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:48 pm

MY EYES! THEY BURN FROM THE SEXINESS!!!!!

Great stuff all around! I particularly love the link drawings, Your work has gotten more refined even if you feel a lack of direction. I even like that you tried drawing with your left hand too, that's bold and a good practice. Keep up the great work :^)
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

 

Postby AntaresValdemar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:41 am

User avatar
  AntaresValdemar
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:26 am

The turnover is very satisfying to watch! Need to practice figure foreshortening myself.

 

Postby Josephcow » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:17 pm

User avatar
  Josephcow
Posts: 791
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Whoa your animations are great! It makes me want to learn again ( I used to mess around with it). How would you suggest getting started?

 

Postby ehlihr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:58 pm

User avatar
  ehlihr
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 am
Location: Canada

REALLY awesome animations!!! makes me want to do more with my work tbh. your work is really loose and fluid, i love the sketched feel to it!
17 year old self taught loser

Sketchbook
Website
Tumblr
Instagram

 

Postby wannabe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 am

User avatar
  wannabe
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 am

Telepurte wrote:I'm a human who has learned a good habit, you are able to do what I am able to do.
lol yeah the mona lisa pieces were thanks to Kozlik


Fair enough.
Sometimes i am just an amorphous blob at building good habits :lol:
Shame on me.
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

 

Postby Moe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:42 am

User avatar
  Moe
Posts: 1147
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

Incredible work ethic! How many hours a day do you grind?
Yolo

 

Postby Engell79 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 am

User avatar
  Engell79
Posts: 442
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Looking at your recent pages Tele' i must say its great progress.

Espcally the refinement of shapes and forms has reached new levels :-) great work.

your really improving.!

 

Postby Martin Kiulhandzhiev » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:17 pm

User avatar
  Martin Kiulhandzhiev
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 pm

...It ..is ..too satisfying... must..keep..scrolling .. xD aweesome! your shapes are soo beautiful and i have to say i just completely adore your paintings *.*
''Pssst!''
*Sketchbook* ''check me out!''
(critiques are always welcome)
You can also find me on
Instagram

 

Postby wannabe » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:13 am

User avatar
  wannabe
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 am

Btw, the first time i scrolled, i thought that is a cigar
(and he's like in the middle of pirouette in a fistfight)
Spoiler: show
Image
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

 

Postby Telepurte » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:34 am

User avatar
  Telepurte
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:02 pm

DarkLored123 wrote:Good job, I like your work ethic and animations. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I work very hard and I will continue to do so.

geryes wrote:MY EYES! THEY BURN FROM THE SEXINESS!!!!!

Great stuff all around! I particularly love the link drawings, Your work has gotten more refined even if you feel a lack of direction. I even like that you tried drawing with your left hand too, that's bold and a good practice. Keep up the great work :^)

OH GAWD NOT YOUR EYES!! YOU NEED THOSE

Thanks man! I don't really know what to do with what I'm gaining but I feel like moving in any direction is better than not moving at all.
At this point it's just doing random stuff to try find what I like doing and to get good at that.

AntaresValdemar wrote:The turnover is very satisfying to watch! Need to practice figure foreshortening myself.

I'm happy to satisfy you even if it doesn't satisfy me.
Foreshortening is fun but also hard, which makes it REALLY worth it due to the rewards received from the large effort
I still gotta practice it more tho.
Josephcow wrote:Whoa your animations are great! It makes me want to learn again ( I used to mess around with it). How would you suggest getting started?

Thanks! I encourage you to do animation! Even if it's not your main focus, animation teaches a lot of things that benefit normal art.
I would suggest getting Krita since it has animation capabilities and it's free so you lose nothing by trying. Then I would watch Alan Becker's animation fundamental explanation, read as much as you can for animation, and just animate lol.

ehlihr wrote:REALLY awesome animations!!! makes me want to do more with my work tbh. your work is really loose and fluid, i love the sketched feel to it!

Thank you dude! Definitely do more with your work! Be inspired and encouraged to experiment and do stuff.
There really is nothing to lose except time when you're not using it.
wannabe wrote:Fair enough.
Sometimes i am just an amorphous blob at building good habits :lol:
Shame on me.

Yeah I was a blob too, but once you build a good habit you won't need to worry anymore, because your natural state becomes doing something instead of nothing.
You just have to try really hard for 14 days (the time many people agree is the time required to set a habit)

Moe wrote:Incredible work ethic! How many hours a day do you grind?

Thanks! Not enough.
Between 3 and 7 hours if you want specifics.
Engell79 wrote:Looking at your recent pages Tele' i must say its great progress.

Espcally the refinement of shapes and forms has reached new levels :-) great work.

you're really improving.!

Heeey thank you engell! I am happy to hear I'm making progress even if I don't feel like it.
Martin Kiulhandzhiev wrote:...It ..is ..too satisfying... must..keep..scrolling .. xD aweesome! your shapes are soo beautiful and i have to say i just completely adore your paintings *.*

Thank you very much! You inspire me to try do more painting.
wannabe wrote:Btw, the first time i scrolled, i thought that is a cigar
(and he's like in the middle of pirouette in a fistfight)
Spoiler: show
Image

hahaha I can see how it looks like that.
That was actually my favourite drawing of that batch. so I'm happy you noticed it and even commented on it. Thank you so much.


Alirght guys, here are some drawings!
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


And some anims!
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

 

Postby magicfanny » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 am

User avatar
  magicfanny
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:55 am

Im so jealous of your animations I cant get them that fluid or smooth. I also love all your drawings there is so much work there and everything looks so nice (I need to get into the habit of drawing more too)

 

Postby Steeliebob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:41 am

User avatar
  Steeliebob
Posts: 906
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 am

wow, your animations in the last page are beautiful. I like the the rainbow jumping girl in particular is blowing my mind.
also the massive amounts of drawings. Seems like you use some strategies that I have but are at least a few steps ahead. Very inspirational. ^^

just keep pushing yourself.

 

Postby Bugpal Hopeday » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 am

User avatar
  Bugpal Hopeday
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 am

I like it when you just push the limbs super far. All your sketches you manage to make look like frames in an animation. And I just get a kick out of stuff that's visually funny in a subtle way, like the bottom left guy's expression on page one is great, reminds me of powdered toast man. And that cube getting samurai slashed is really cool.

Kinda random but do you have an opinion on Clip Studio Paint as an animation tool? I'm kinda curious if it's at all popular with animators, I think it's a pretty recent feature. It's my main software but I've never used it for that (and the non-pro version is crippled with an absurdly low frame limit anyway).
My sketchbook. Feedback and crits welcome.

 

Postby Nymzo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:54 am

User avatar
  Nymzo
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:23 am

What the... 56 pages, you're a veteran! Animations are looking great. I love your drawing style, reminds me of something, can't quite put my finger on it.

 

Postby Telepurte » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 am

User avatar
  Telepurte
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:02 pm

magicfanny wrote:Im so jealous of your animations I cant get them that fluid or smooth. I also love all your drawings there is so much work there and everything looks so nice (I need to get into the habit of drawing more too)

Heeey good to see you again!
The fluidity of the animation is employment of the 12 principles of animation https://youtu.be/uDqjIdI4bF4
It's wonderful that you're experimenting with animation. Keep it up and you'll see improvement for sure. If there's only one thing you can remember, remember to never give up on something that's worth it.
I think it would be great for you to get back into the habit of drawing, then I could see more of your stuff and you get better at drawing while you're at it, win win!

Steeliebob wrote:wow, your animations in the last page are beautiful. I like the the rainbow jumping girl in particular is blowing my mind.
also the massive amounts of drawings. Seems like you use some strategies that I have but are at least a few steps ahead. Very inspirational. ^^

just keep pushing yourself.

Thank you steelie! I want to experiement more with colour in my animations so I can get a more appealing animation style
The strategies I use at the moment (which give me 8-12 pages a day) is having three drawing sessions a day one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the night of 90 minutes full focus no internet or other any other distractions. I literally cut the internet off sometimes. That gives very high productivity rates because boredom sets in and the only thing left for me to do is draw.

It makes pushing myself easier and more efficiente.

Bugpal Hopeday wrote:I like it when you just push the limbs super far. All your sketches you manage to make look like frames in an animation. And I just get a kick out of stuff that's visually funny in a subtle way, like the bottom left guy's expression on page one is great, reminds me of powdered toast man. And that cube getting samurai slashed is really cool.

Kinda random but do you have an opinion on Clip Studio Paint as an animation tool? I'm kinda curious if it's at all popular with animators, I think it's a pretty recent feature. It's my main software but I've never used it for that (and the non-pro version is crippled with an absurdly low frame limit anyway).

Thanks! By pushing the limbs far do you mean exaggerating their proportions or is it something else you are referring to? I want to know so I can continue doing it and push even further.
Oh you, thank you very much.
Animation can teach a lot about art.

CSP is a great program, I'd probably use it if I had money and a lot of my animator friends use CSP; but nothing beats krita for me because it's free and it's made by artists for artists. Also I'm used to krita so making transition to another software is always a kick in the shin.
If you have CSP definitely use its animation feature. it'd be a waste not to lol.
Animation can teach a lot about art.


Nymzo wrote:What the... 56 pages, you're a veteran! Animations are looking great. I love your drawing style, reminds me of something, can't quite put my finger on it.

Haha yeah I don't talk so much so I don't seem like i've been around much but I've been lurking yes sir.
Thank you for the kind words! Let me know when you learn what I remind you of lol.


Have some stuff
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

 

Postby Bugpal Hopeday » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:51 am

User avatar
  Bugpal Hopeday
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 am

Thanks, that's good to hear that CSP is considered good for that kind of work. As for the limbs, I was referring to the curved way that you draw them, as well as getting the apex of a motion and pushing it so that it's very clear what the action is!
My sketchbook. Feedback and crits welcome.

 

Postby wannabe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:14 am

User avatar
  wannabe
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 am

Would not comment on everything, that will take quite long, 4sure. In short, vigorously and fluid.
Can't withhold laughs from the angles and expressions of recent gif.
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

 

Postby Inkey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:38 am

User avatar
  Inkey
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am

Sweet stuff as always. You're. Making. Me. Wanna. Do. Animation. You crazy man!
A drawing a day keeps the evil demons at bay.
[Sketchbook] [DeviantArt] [Instagram][Tumblr]

 

Postby geryes » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:47 am

User avatar
  geryes
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Amazing sketches as usual bruh. I also like all the boobie practice sketches too >:^). Do you watch Game Grumps and/or Game Grumps Animated videos? Just to give you a direction for some fun animation :)

Example below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5xHcnTcKI
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

 

Postby Telepurte » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am

User avatar
  Telepurte
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Bugpal Hopeday wrote:Thanks, that's good to hear that CSP is considered good for that kind of work. As for the limbs, I was referring to the curved way that you draw them, as well as getting the apex of a motion and pushing it so that it's very clear what the action is!

Thank you! I will experiment more with that in the future and continue to try do animation studies of movement intense stuff.

wannabe wrote:Would not comment on everything, that will take quite long, 4sure. In short, vigorously and fluid.
Can't withhold laughs from the angles and expressions of recent gif.

Thank you wanna!
I'm glad to bring a smile to you. Is there anything you think I should do better?

Inkey wrote:Sweet stuff as always. You're. Making. Me. Wanna. Do. Animation. You crazy man!

Well, heckin' do it then lol
Make some animation, it doesn't have to be good.

geryes wrote:Amazing sketches as usual bruh. I also like all the boobie practice sketches too >:^). Do you watch Game Grumps and/or Game Grumps Animated videos? Just to give you a direction for some fun animation :)

Example below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5xHcnTcKI

Thanks!
I've seen some of GG's stuff but I've never really delved into it much. Maybe I'll do something similar in the future but for now I'm just gonna sit in self pity and lostness as to what and why I do.

Here are some things:

Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Just an emotional rant. read right column first.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


And anims
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Thanks for taking a look and thanks for commenting, y'all
See you later probably.
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

 

Postby DarkLored123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 am

  DarkLored123
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Love how fluid your animations are, keep up the good work.

 

Postby wannabe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am

User avatar
  wannabe
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 am

Telepurte wrote:Is there anything you think I should do better?


As touching of a subject of a technique or content i am a wrong person that should give any advise/remarks (skill gap).
But what concerns ranting self-analysis - too much is never all good.
Do not know to whom this is adressed and what's the details, but treating others as treating thyself is a concept.
Which is anyhow helps to withold the world we live from spinning out into total mayhem :).
Noone tells you that person would treat you the same, that is only implied, and depends of which moral principles a person is guided on.
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

 

Postby Peteman22 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

User avatar
  Peteman22
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Hey Telepurte,

Holy cheese balls this is a lot of work. I like the, not sure how to put it, cartoony solidness, everything has. And those animations! How long do they take/ how many images do you usually end up drawing for one?

As far as issues with critiquing goes, It can be difficult on a forum like this where there's a considerable variance in skill level. That plus a lot of us are amateurs with no formal instruction so we're kind of not really sure what we're doing. (Not everyone of course.) So critiquing someone's work can be difficult, i.e. either the other person is better than you are or maybe you can see something is wrong but you're not quite sure what it is. This can lead to misunderstandings by either party. Or maybe the artist is young, so they easily get upset at negative feedback. This isn't a reason to stop giving feedback, you just need to be careful in your wording. And if they don't take it it's their loss. I think you are right in saying, "Do unto other's as you would have them do unto you," doesn't work because other's don't want the same thing as you do. (I'd never thought of that before, I think it's kind of profound.) But in life, "You scratch my back I'll scratch yours," does. You just need to find people who do want the same things.

In any case if you want better critiques you may want to try heading over to http://www.conceptart.org/forums/ as there's a greater amount of people whose sole intention is to become a professional artist, so you might be able to get better critiques there.

So all that said. My thoughts. I do notice your doing quite a lot of everything. You could try more focus on one thing - e.g anatomy, proportions, perspective etc. I know it can be boring, but I think it can help to have a specific goal in mind. It gives you a better ruler against which to measure your progress. "First I didn't understand how to do this specific thing, and now I do." (Apologies if you've mentioned you do have a specific goal on previous page - you've got a lot of them.) However, you do seem to have gotten pretty far doing things your way, so it's just a suggestion.

Have a nice day. :D
What are you doing? Stop browsing the forum and get drawing.

Just visit my sketchbook first:

http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37212 Come say hello!

 

Postby Moe » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:41 pm

User avatar
  Moe
Posts: 1147
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

Well, for critique, I'll give you the same critique that I give myself, which is pretty much, slowing down lol. Most of your paintings and drawings seem rough, and I think what will push your work to the next level would be to take your time especially with the paintings. I've seen artists on here who spend days even weeks on the same painting and they get really good results. Overtime, you'll get faster and you'll be able to crank out those 6 hour paintings in half the time or a third of the time. Whatever you decide to do, keep it up man.
Yolo

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests