Page 1 of 1

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:19 am
by Agitato
Hello! I'm new to the forums, but I've been a viewer of Sycra and Sinix for a couple years now. My default mode is always to lurk, but I'm trying to break that now xD

I'm starting this sketchbook in the hopes it'll help me keep up with drawing/painting regularly (I'm never drawing as much as I should T_T).

These are just some figure drawings from photo ref I did trying to get back into the swing of things (I took a break from figure drawing for a few months). My tendency is to spend too much time studying art stuff and not enough applying it, so I'm hoping to fix that moving forward.
I also started using Clip Studio Paint recently, so I've been getting used to that as well. So far I've been liking it, and think I'll probably try to stick with it.

Comments, critiques, suggestions and any other feedback are welcome and appreciated!

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:42 am
by Gevoian
Really like the figure on the far right and welcome to the forums, would like to see more.

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:44 am
by Moe
Really good I'll definitely be following this SB!

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:50 am
by MartiMa
I really love your works! Very good job! :o
There is only one thing that doesn't feel right in the third figure from the right: I think the arm on the right it's a bit too long and doesn't seem on the same plane and hight of the other one

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:48 pm
by Agitato
Gevoian wrote:Really like the figure on the far right and welcome to the forums, would like to see more.

Thanks! Funny you mentioned that one, it was actually my least favorite on the page probably xD

Moe wrote:Really good I'll definitely be following this SB!

Thanks, glad to hear it!

MartiMa wrote:I really love your works! Very good job! :o
There is only one thing that doesn't feel right in the third figure from the right: I think the arm on the right it's a bit too long and doesn't seem on the same plane and hight of the other one

Thank you! Yeah you're right, oops lol


Here's some more figure drawings, time spent on each one varies quite a bit. I need to solidify my construction conceptualizations and study anatomy more intensively in the near future. Also hands and faces.
I'll post something from imagination soonish once it's done! Can't slack on that either. These are mostly meant to be warmups but I can get carried away a little sometimes...

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 am
by Polymath
Looks very very cool! And in the end you were hinting at armor, that promises to get interesting; how about a full armor drawing next time? would probably look very cool if you do it.

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:31 am
by arodude
I really dig the sense of form in your figures! Awesome stuff.

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:57 pm
by fi_le
Hi Agitato!
Woah, that's some anatomy alright. Are you this good with male bodies, too?
You could teach lessons with this kind of understanding.

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 pm
by Agitato
Polymath wrote:Looks very very cool! And in the end you were hinting at armor, that promises to get interesting; how about a full armor drawing next time? would probably look very cool if you do it.

Oh, that was just some weird costume on sketchdaily xD
Armor is something I've been meaning to study for quite a while now but keep putting it off, I should get on that sometime ._.

arodude wrote:I really dig the sense of form in your figures! Awesome stuff.

Thanks! :D

fi_le wrote:Woah, that's some anatomy alright. Are you this good with male bodies, too?
You could teach lessons with this kind of understanding.

Haha, you flatter me! Idk about teaching, but maybe someday I hope!
I actually hardly ever draw males lol, I really need to brush up on my muscle anatomy. Been slowly and steadily trying to learn the muscles. I drew a couple males figures this time though!

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 pm
by Agitato
Been playing around with colors for these. I need to paint more :(

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:49 am
by Josephcow
Whoaaa the painting from life looks really good. Love the figure drawings also, there's a real strength to them

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:38 am
by geryes
Welcome to the forum! I really like your sketchbook and I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. You got great looking figures, linework, and a great sense of anatomy. Keep up the great work because it's definitely the level I am striving for and you've inspired me to get better!

Only thing I could suggest is working on more clothing. Take it from me as someone who barely clothes his own figures :P.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 am
by Agitato
Josephcow wrote:Whoaaa the painting from life looks really good. Love the figure drawings also, there's a real strength to them


Thanks! I checked out your sketchbook when I first joined the forums, and coming from you that's very nice to hear!

geryes wrote:Welcome to the forum! I really like your sketchbook and I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. You got great looking figures, linework, and a great sense of anatomy. Keep up the great work because it's definitely the level I am striving for and you've inspired me to get better!

Only thing I could suggest is working on more clothing. Take it from me as someone who barely clothes his own figures :P.

Looking forward to seeing more.


D'aww thanks, glad to hear it! I definitely agree with needing to study clothing more xD. Been studying cloth lately and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around folds @_@

More figure drawing stuff. Some good days, some bad :|
Spoiler: show
Figure Practice CLIP6.png
Figure Practice CLIP7.png
Figure Practice CLIP8.png
Figure Practice CLIP9.png
Figure Practice CLIP_10.png
Figure Practice CLIP_11.png

I really need to buckle down and learn anatomy properly. I've been trying to get on a consistent daily schedule but I'm not entirely sure how I should structure my study time :?

Also, I've been trying to better understand painting. Here's a couple of 5-value practices. For the first one I stuck more to the 5 values, but for the second I just started with them and then tried to add more intermediate values but stay within the neighborhood of the original value. My goal was to do these quickly without getting too fussy, but I definitely failed at that for the second one xD. In the future I'll try to do these kind of things daily in about an hour each so I don't get overly finicky with it.
Spoiler: show
paintsketches.png
paintsketches_2.png


Next time I'll have stuff from imagination instead of just studies! This I vow!

Agitato's Sketchbook (NSFW)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:11 pm
by Azy
Woah, I haven't seen this sketchbook here yet. Some great stuff here going on, namely the strong figure drawing. Keep it up!