Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Ayaake » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Ayaake

Subject title: Ayaake's Sketchpad~Candyland

Hi my name is Aya and I'm 21.
i've been drawing for a few years now but nowadays I'm in college studying medicine (parents) so I barely have any time to draw so my skills have been stagnant for a long time so I thought that I should use the upcoming winter holidays to make this sketchbook thread so I will be held accountable to improve and draw and post.Any advice or tips or feedback on how I could improve my work would be deeply appreciated.

Postby geryes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:21 pm

geryes

Welcome to the forum and nice looking sketchbook so far! I really dig the water color stuff you do and you have some cool concepts so far. Only thing I can think of telling you and you seem to have this pretty down already, is that with water color, a little goes a long way. Which means you can use very little paint and the water can create the rest fo the values for you.

Again, i think you already have this down pretty much but keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing more :)
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby ehlihr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:56 pm

ehlihr

wooooo welcome!!! i love your use of colour and im super excited to see more work from you!!!
17 year old self taught loser

Sketchbook
Website
Tumblr
Instagram

Postby Ayaake » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Ayaake

More work done...I really tried to go out of my comfort zone fore the last one...Messed up on the hair for hours and got frusterated
iso.png
isolation.png
renderee.png

Postby DRaff210 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 am

DRaff210

Welcome to the forum! I think you've got a natural eye for color, and that last face painting especially really catches my eye. I'm totally a sucker for the subtle warmth of the face contrasting with the cooler bluish-greenish backdrop. Keep it up, and I can't wait to see more! :)

Postby Ayaake » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:19 am

Ayaake

wow, thank you guys.I never thought that my colours were anything interesting but that seems to be the thing that everyone says I am really good at.It's interesting how we always notice our flaws and mistakes but never our good qualities until others point them out.

Postby Martin Kiulhandzhiev » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Martin Kiulhandzhiev

Welcome aboard! I Love the traditional art and overall the colour combinations are very appealing :) i look forward to seeing more from you
Happy Holidays!
''Pssst!''
*Sketchbook* ''check me out!''
(critiques are always welcome)
You can also find me on
Instagram

Postby Inkey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:11 am

Inkey

Heyo welcome to the forums! Really loving your use of colors in establishing mood. Love to see more from you, keep going!
A drawing a day keeps the evil demons at bay.
[Sketchbook] [DeviantArt] [Instagram][Tumblr]

Postby Ayaake » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:50 am

Ayaake

Quick sketch,This is what I look like when I'm trying to learn a new song on guitar

Postby Nymzo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 am

Nymzo

Interesting style. What's your fav medium?

Postby fi_le » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm

fi_le

Hey man, these are great! I love how the warm colours on the faces work together. Would you be any chance have some time to do a few thumbnail compositions, too? I think it would improve your paintings a lot.

Keep the good work up :)

Postby Ayaake » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:43 pm

Ayaake

Nymzo wrote:Interesting style. What's your fav medium?

thank you so much.I love watercolours the most.I feel much closer to my artwork.With digital I feel like there is some sort of barrier between me and my art.

fi_le wrote:Hey man, these are great! I love how the warm colours on the faces work together. Would you be any chance have some time to do a few thumbnail compositions, too? I think it would improve your paintings a lot.

Keep the good work up :)

that's a great suggestion.I'm going to do them
anasss.png
eyee.png

Postby DRaff210 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:21 am

DRaff210

More great stuff, love the colors on that eye! As for the painting of the pink-haired girl, I think you could benefit from a bit more analysis of the planes of the face. For instance, her eyes aren't spaced evenly, and the left side of her face (our right) looks a bit vertically impacted. Dunno if you frequently flip your canvas, but doing that will probably help any flaws like these become more apparent. :) Keep it up!

Postby Ayaake » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:43 pm

Ayaake

Thank you for the advice on learning about the planes of the face.I decided to fix that by going back to the basics and learning about the anatomy of the skull and the facial underlying structures part by part.
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_12.png
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_14.png
Screenshot_15.png
Screenshot_16.png

Postby Ayaake » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Ayaake

hey guys,some more work
kor.png
realism.png
nose11.png

Postby Telepurte » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 am

Telepurte

Ouh, very nice! You're making good practice mhm yes sir.
Stay motivated!
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

Postby Ayaake » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Ayaake

Painting-
I live in a town that has a lot of homeless people in it but unfortunately most of the people who live here and most of the students who go to the university here walk past the homeless people every day without offering any help or even recognising their existence.Its very sad and unfortunate.
homeless.png

Postby perkexpert » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:09 pm

perkexpert

That last piece is really nice! Keep on painting!
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artofhannesmangelsdorf/
Homepage: www.perkexpert.com

Return to Sketchbook