Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Anry » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Anry

Subject title: Inkey's Paint splats and Ink pats

hey, didn't see your sketchbook before! This is really dope, your designs are really cool, and the gestures are so fluent and smooth! Nice and beautiful!) ʕ •̀ o •́ ʔ
my sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17198 ^^

Postby Rorschach » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:33 am

Rorschach

I love how strong the forms you make are even when the lines creayed are so minimal (: Awesome sketchbook
http://vektorik.deviantart.com/ - DeviantArt (Revamping)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52664 - Sketchbook
https://soundcloud.com/vektorikedm - Soundcloud - Feel free to go listen to one of my mixes!

KIK - DARKFIRENOVA
Skype - vektorikedm - I'd love to chat with any of you!

Postby Inkey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:16 am

Inkey

Thank you everyone! ; - ;

Here's something different and fun.

The idea came during a conversation with a friend on how an assassin's job would be easier since everyone shares their information on social media. xD
A drawing a day keeps the evil demons at bay.
[Sketchbook] [DeviantArt] [Instagram][Tumblr]

Postby Steeliebob » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Steeliebob

For all we know, it is actually happening but the ninjas just quickly deletes all the posts before anyone reading. :o

Postby wannabe » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am

wannabe

:lol: Tricky ninjas
moderately focused
Sketchbook
Deviantart
Would appreciate your views on what is not right with my work rather than what is right.
(The more honestly the better)

Postby Inkey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:24 pm

Inkey

Back at it at posting again! HEYHO ART POST!

Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Postby Spider » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:40 pm

Spider

woah so many drawings :o
also those robot arms are so cool you should make a character with one of those

Postby maly_ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm

maly_

oh my ga! This sketchbook is lovely! And then it's actually a sketchbook, so much content. I'm as productive, wish i was!
"Get back in the water and swim!" - Jet
"Big shape stops you from having brackdowns later in life" - Seage
"What have you been doing?? YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING PICKING FLOWERS!!!!" - Michael Jones

Tumblr

Postby Azy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:30 pm

Azy

Gosh, everything you do just drips with appealing style and energy in every way. Great stuff, huge inspiration.

Postby Koźlik » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Koźlik

Very, very appealing! I love the samurai one!
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby PitE » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 am

PitE

Super fresh art :) How'd I miss this sketchbook?

Postby Inkey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 am

Inkey

HEYO MEEPLES. Finally got out of my assignment rut from school and got myself some grandio free time to DRAW THANGS.

Trying to commit myself to a week of focused study on a particular subject I'm weakest in. 3 days in so far so good. It really takes the mind off on deciding what to draw. Just wake up, bust out the pen, and start making some studies. Helps warm up the creative mind. ;'D
RAAAUGH TAKE THAT TORSO, AND THAT, AND THAT.

ImageImageImage
Smol NSFW I guess.

Thanks everyone! ;)

Postby Spider » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Spider

:O your drawings have gotten so clean!!
really like the lighting on that jump drawing and your colored chun li drawing is so cute :D

Postby Inkey » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:52 am

Inkey

Spider wrote::O your drawings have gotten so clean!!
really like the lighting on that jump drawing and your colored chun li drawing is so cute :D

Thank you! I'm trying to make an effort in being more clean and intentional with my works. Being messy is really fun and all, but it doesn't leave an end product I enjoy looking. xD
Chun li is life. <3

Here's a study I did yesterday. Learned a lot trying to minimize and be more efficient with my strokes. *___* Wew it was tuff.
NSFW:
Image Image

Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed the pursuit of knowledge in art. I feel maybe I'm trying to learn too many things at once: 3D, painting, character designing, anatomy and not really focusing in anything. It's a (bad?) habit where I feel the need to be KNOW everything. I'll make an attempt to limit my scope now and focus in on one thing, and we'll see how that goes.
Idk, I'll document my thoughts once in awhile and maybe this thread can double as my mini journal xD

Postby PitE » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:27 am

PitE

Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition ;) Tunnel vision is never good and neither is spreading yourself out too thin. I think it's really just finding a good balance between the two and over time, you'd get better at studying. You'll keep getting better study skills (whether it be learning a new medium or style) and do it faster thus allowing yourself to study more at once! Stay confident!

Postby ChocoCookie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 pm

ChocoCookie

Oh my goodness, such a nice sketchbook. Keep it up! :D
Keep on creating, you awesome people!
And if you have some spare time... maybe drop by and say hi. I'd be honoured:

DeviantART | Sketchbook | Twitter | YouTube

Postby Inkey » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Inkey

PitE wrote:Nothing wrong with a bit of ambition ;) Tunnel vision is never good and neither is spreading yourself out too thin. I think it's really just finding a good balance between the two and over time, you'd get better at studying. You'll keep getting better study skills (whether it be learning a new medium or style) and do it faster thus allowing yourself to study more at once! Stay confident!

Thanks! Confidence is an issue I struggle a lot with. Whenever I approach a piece, I always worry if I had the skills necessary to finish my task. I'm trying to keep that thinking to a minimum and just enjoy the process. I find that doing stuff with the mindset of "Lets just see where this takes us" has made the process more tolerable. I like to say failure is the mother of success, but I hate to fail haha!

ChocoCookie wrote:Oh my goodness, such a nice sketchbook. Keep it up! :D

Thanks! Your stuff is pretty dank too.

More stuff:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Postby Josephcow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 am

Josephcow

Your figure studies have a great sense of form! I like the hatching you do for shadows. Might steal that :)

Postby Inkey » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Inkey

Josephcow wrote:Your figure studies have a great sense of form! I like the hatching you do for shadows. Might steal that :)

Thanks! I stole it from Micheal Hamption's figure drawing book. I haven't quite capture the forms where I like em yet, time to go back and steal more. ;)

Today's exploit:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Recently watched "Winning your practices" by Volen CK. In which he talks about being more intentional in what you draw. Definitely helps me refocused into planning studies that are relevant to me instead of feeling "oh I guess I'll do a master study because that's all the rage rn". Right now I want to be able to create characters appealing to me, similar to Tekeheito Harada's works. I have no idea how to even start, but I'll figure something out. Maybe a few fashion studies coming up soon?

Postby Spider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Spider

Your characters are so cute! Such a nice expressive style. :D

In all honesty though I think you could benefit from looking at a little bit more variety for your characters. I looked at Harada's works and the inspiration is very clear in your own sketches! :D The designs are very cute and very appealing.
I think you could really benefit from trying to push more diversity in your types of characters. Artists like Alexandre Diboine and Ahmad Beyrouthi are my absolute favorites for studying how to make really diverse funny-looking characters while keeping it appealing. I would look at some of their work.

You have a really pretty, very lively and appealing art style, but I think it would do you some good to find a bigger range of character artists to study from. Hopefully this helps you out a bit! :D

Postby Inkey » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:23 am

Inkey

Spider wrote:Your characters are so cute! Such a nice expressive style. :D

In all honesty though I think you could benefit from looking at a little bit more variety for your characters. I looked at Harada's works and the inspiration is very clear in your own sketches! :D The designs are very cute and very appealing.
I think you could really benefit from trying to push more diversity in your types of characters. Artists like Alexandre Diboine and Ahmad Beyrouthi are my absolute favorites for studying how to make really diverse funny-looking characters while keeping it appealing. I would look at some of their work.

You have a really pretty, very lively and appealing art style, but I think it would do you some good to find a bigger range of character artists to study from. Hopefully this helps you out a bit! :D

Thank you for the feedback! I honestly need to hear this, I'm way too comfortable drawing the same type of body figure and expressions for my characters. I NEED to step out and experiment more with different shapes and variety. Alexandre and ahmad's drawings are really appealing! I can totally learn a thing or two observing their works. Thanks again! And back to the drawing board.

Postby Inkey » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:14 am

Inkey

Today's exploit!

Man I really love alexandre's shapes. Trying to be more daring with my shapes. It's really hard to put something down and think to myself "This makes no sense! Why is this here!". I try to stop myself and just roll with it regardless, allowing myself to just be creative in the sketching phase.

Edit: I would love to create small thumbnail paintings. I miss seeing colors in my works.

Postby Spider » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Spider

yyyeeeeEEESSSSSSSS :D :D :D

I've struggled with that before, but once you learn to just roll with it and start experimenting and trying to push yourself a little bit, it starts feeling more natural
also yes i would love to see you start painting again, your environment paintings were the shit

Postby Inkey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Inkey

Spider wrote:yyyeeeeEEESSSSSSSS :D :D :D

I've struggled with that before, but once you learn to just roll with it and start experimenting and trying to push yourself a little bit, it starts feeling more natural
also yes i would love to see you start painting again, your environment paintings were the shit

Ayyy. I would love to do more environments! I feel currently my interest and focus lies on really pushing my characters. Maybe someday!

Today's (and yesterday's) exploit

Getting cleaner with traditional! Really happy how unmessy I was with this one. xD

And some waist practicing
ImageImageImage

Postby Fergato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:38 pm

Fergato

Hey Inkey, nice sketchbook you have going on here!
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook