Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby magicfanny » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:32 am

magicfanny

Subject title: Ibyville Sketchbook NSFW (Critique Welcome)

from a previous comment above that I read I understand hoe you feel when drawing in realism is boring and you want to stylize it, but I think that is the best way to improve overall. to be painfully blunt art is not always fun its a struggle that takes years to improve on even though realistic drawings are pretty boring they provide the most amount of information that you need. and after you learn the anatomy you can them warp it so that it makes sense but also feels more fun to you. idk thats just my way of thinking.

Postby Ibyville » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 am

Ibyville

magicfanny wrote:from a previous comment above that I read I understand hoe you feel when drawing in realism is boring and you want to stylize it, but I think that is the best way to improve overall. to be painfully blunt art is not always fun its a struggle that takes years to improve on even though realistic drawings are pretty boring they provide the most amount of information that you need. and after you learn the anatomy you can them warp it so that it makes sense but also feels more fun to you. idk thats just my way of thinking.

Well, in those days I said that it seemed boring but I think that little by little I was drawing more realistic, as I felt very good drawing the way I was drawing in those days and say continue with that as much as I could as I was drawing with much interest and also drew a lot, and it does not matter so much what you draw if you draw a lot and with great interest you gain general experience in the drawing and with that skill you will better unleash any other subject you want to draw realistic, these days drawing closer how the photos look because I feel that I must learn certain things but for certain reasons I tend not to share those drawings and I tend to publish only those drawings made more with my imagination.

Postby Ibyville » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 am

Ibyville

I will upload more drawings in this same post, as I do them
Illustration.jpg
Escanear 9.jpeg
Illustration2.jpg
shi.jpg
Saber.jpg
Last edited by Ibyville on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby LK Crown » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:05 am

LK Crown

Hey, you draw a lot of cute girls. You also have a very `cute` Style. :)
I am wondering: Are you a girl, who draws cute stuff or are you a boy, who likes cute girls? :D
Sorry in case you already told that, but I think you didnt mention it.
YT (Artwork, Programming and Games)
New Channeltrailer 2018 (moving more towards Art again) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4kvd3kVlM
Video: Artistic Goals 2018 (Totally over the top ?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WptCKB7OQhs
Sketchbook:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89727

Postby Ibyville » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

Ibyville

LK Crown wrote:Hey, you draw a lot of cute girls. You also have a very `cute` Style. :)
I am wondering: Are you a girl, who draws cute stuff or are you a boy, who likes cute girls? :D
Sorry in case you already told that, but I think you didnt mention it.

I identify myself as a potato, and I would like to draw more variety of things but as I want to be more specialized than generalist it is what leads me to do what I do.

Postby Ibyville » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 am

Ibyville

More sketches! I need to figure it out pen -.-
rand.jpg
wipd.jpg
nigh.jpg
Illustration.jpg
Illustration2.jpg
Last edited by Ibyville on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby fi_le » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 am

fi_le

Hi Ibyville!
This is the first time I'm looking through here and your stuff is very pleasant to look at. One question though: Could it be that I saw you on Sycra's Patreon page? I can't quite tell, but the name kind sounds familiar...

Anyways, keep drawing :)

Postby Ibyville » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am

Ibyville

fi_le wrote:Hi Ibyville!
This is the first time I'm looking through here and your stuff is very pleasant to look at. One question though: Could it be that I saw you on Sycra's Patreon page? I can't quite tell, but the name kind sounds familiar...

Anyways, keep drawing :)

Oh thank you very much for your words in fact that is the effect I want to create in people, that's why I'm glad you told me. And yes I am patreon of Sycra, almost all these last months I have commented his videos, that's why my name should sound familiar to you, in fact if you check for the first page of my sketchbook you will find the links to the critics that Sycra has done to my drawings.

Postby fi_le » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am

fi_le

Oh, I knew I saw you there! I'll go watch the critiques soon.

Postby Ibyville » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Ibyville

c:
Illustration2.jpg
Illustration.jpg
Illustration3.jpg
Illustration4.jpg
Illustration5.jpg

Postby Ibyville » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:29 pm

Ibyville

ejem
Illustration6.jpg
Illustration7.jpg
Illustration8.jpg
Illustration9.jpg
Illustration10.jpg
Last edited by Ibyville on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Telepurte » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 am

Telepurte

Your drawings from the front view are really cute and appealing!
I like it when you challenge yourself to do more dynamic stuff, but it's kind of weird that you'll try use the same drawing procedures for other views as front views and that can end up in odd looking drawings. Like for example sometimes you do a 3/4 head but you might draw eyes for a front view which might not look as good as it could.
You're going in the right direction though, and you're having fun (right?) so what you're doing is still really good.
Keep it up. You hab ma suportz
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

Postby Ibyville » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am

Ibyville

Telepurte wrote:Your drawings from the front view are really cute and appealing!
I like it when you challenge yourself to do more dynamic stuff, but it's kind of weird that you'll try use the same drawing procedures for other views as front views and that can end up in odd looking drawings. Like for example sometimes you do a 3/4 head but you might draw eyes for a front view which might not look as good as it could.
You're going in the right direction though, and you're having fun (right?) so what you're doing is still really good.
Keep it up. You hab ma suportz

Well, thank you very much for the attention call in that specific part of what you are referring to as I draw heads from different angles, it is something that I also noticed and I was worried about, I hope to solve it soon. I hope I'm going in the right direction, I really do not know but I have fun thanks for the support.

Previous

Return to Sketchbook