Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Ibyville » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:57 am

Ibyville

Subject title: Ibyville Sketchbook NSFW (Critique Welcome)

Spoky Scary Skeletons
Last edited by Ibyville on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ibyville » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Ibyville

Painting portraits, solving proportions, not knowing what to put in the background and obtaining something abstract.
Last edited by Ibyville on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sasan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Sasan

I think your color choices at this one painting with the blue,grey and red were very good! Also like your pose studies, keep on practicing!

Postby Ibyville » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 am

Ibyville

Sasan wrote:I think your color choices at this one painting with the blue,grey and red were very good! Also like your pose studies, keep on practicing!

If you like you must have something that I can apply in subsequent paintings, and I'm glad you like the poses I draw because I love drawing poses.

Postby Ibyville » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am

Ibyville

Some characters inspired in movies and videos that I seen these days

Postby Ibyville » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Ibyville

Uh

Postby Koźlik » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Koźlik

These are pretty girls :)
Are you trying to do some studies with photo references?
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby Ibyville » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Ibyville

Koźlik wrote:These are pretty girls :)
Are you trying to do some studies with photo references?

Oh thank you Koźlik!

For the vast majority of the drawings that I have shown so far I use reference, sometimes I use several references to create something new, or sometimes I just copy the reference but in my style. As a strict reference study in which I try to be as accurate as possible, and understand the structure of the object that is shown in the reference, as well as being very specific with the topic that I study: for example this month I`m studying the eyes, its structure and its placement in the face, in previous months I was studying subjects such as the planes of the face, skulls, drawings of faces on top of photos of skulls to understand the volume that occupy the muscles and the skin above the skull, although it took time before that I can extrapolate all that knowledge to the drawings I make with my style.

Postby Ibyville » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:29 am

Ibyville

Neat

Postby geryes » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:48 am

geryes

I like that you draw a lot and that you focus on certain things each month. I think though that you could try focusing on gesture drawings and drawing the reference the way it looks to build a library of different poses you can do. I only say this because the poses you have done so far feel a little stiff and could use some more gesture to them. BTW i still struggle with this myself :).

You could also try drawing the head at different angles too. Facing up, down, over the shoulder. It doesn't have to be much, but titling the head back a bit can give a little more character to your figure.

I hope this helps and keep moving forward. I like that you practice with purpose instead of mindlessly doing the same exercise over and over. It shows that you are really thinking about how you draw. Keep up the great work!
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby Ibyville » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Ibyville

geryes wrote:I like that you draw a lot and that you focus on certain things each month. I think though that you could try focusing on gesture drawings and drawing the reference the way it looks to build a library of different poses you can do. I only say this because the poses you have done so far feel a little stiff and could use some more gesture to them. BTW i still struggle with this myself :).

You could also try drawing the head at different angles too. Facing up, down, over the shoulder. It doesn't have to be much, but titling the head back a bit can give a little more character to your figure.

I hope this helps and keep moving forward. I like that you practice with purpose instead of mindlessly doing the same exercise over and over. It shows that you are really thinking about how you draw. Keep up the great work!

I'm doing gestural drawing almost every morning for 45 minutes poses of 30s, 45s, 1m, 2m, 5m, the truth is that the poses are stiff does not bother me, although it is definitely something I can improve, but my point is that the poses be stiff does not mean they are bad poses is just another type of pose, I do not want to force dynamism in my ideas. And that of copying the references in the way they look is something that I tried but I lose interest very quickly, the truth is that I need to stylize and create something that I can call "my creation" to have fun while drawing, although when the months in which I touch the topic of the figure's drawing I think I'll have to force myself to do it.

With respect to drawing the head in different angles is something that I will try to do is an idea that I think will serve me well in this time of my work.

Finally, thanks for putting in the words what I'm doing, that of drawing with purpose pleases me a lot, I'm glad you highlight that.

Thank you very much for all these tips Geryes!

Postby Ibyville » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:08 am

Ibyville

Studies of Loomis "Drawing the head and hands" book and sketches.
Last edited by Ibyville on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ibyville » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:36 am

Ibyville

Stuff

Postby Ayaake » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Ayaake

wow you are improving at a crazy rate,It's very nice to see
I dont think there's anything I can really add that you probobly haven't already gotten from sycra during his critiques of your work but one thing I would recommend is to try to branch out from just drawing characters and try doing some still life...Get some fruits and try to draw and paint them,It will improve your eyes into seeing stuff for what they are instead of symbols.
Looking forward to seeing more ^^

Postby Ibyville » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:57 am

Ibyville

Ayaake wrote:wow you are improving at a crazy rate,It's very nice to see
I dont think there's anything I can really add that you probobly haven't already gotten from sycra during his critiques of your work but one thing I would recommend is to try to branch out from just drawing characters and try doing some still life...Get some fruits and try to draw and paint them,It will improve your eyes into seeing stuff for what they are instead of symbols.
Looking forward to seeing more ^^

Hey Ayaake, thank you for your advice, I have tried to do what you have said apart from fruit I`ve also drawn eyes, and you can give me all the advice you want even if Sycra has already told me, as it could help me remember or reinforce concepts.

Postby magicfanny » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:32 am

magicfanny

from a previous comment above that I read I understand hoe you feel when drawing in realism is boring and you want to stylize it, but I think that is the best way to improve overall. to be painfully blunt art is not always fun its a struggle that takes years to improve on even though realistic drawings are pretty boring they provide the most amount of information that you need. and after you learn the anatomy you can them warp it so that it makes sense but also feels more fun to you. idk thats just my way of thinking.

Postby Ibyville » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 am

Ibyville

magicfanny wrote:from a previous comment above that I read I understand hoe you feel when drawing in realism is boring and you want to stylize it, but I think that is the best way to improve overall. to be painfully blunt art is not always fun its a struggle that takes years to improve on even though realistic drawings are pretty boring they provide the most amount of information that you need. and after you learn the anatomy you can them warp it so that it makes sense but also feels more fun to you. idk thats just my way of thinking.

Well, in those days I said that it seemed boring but I think that little by little I was drawing more realistic, as I felt very good drawing the way I was drawing in those days and say continue with that as much as I could as I was drawing with much interest and also drew a lot, and it does not matter so much what you draw if you draw a lot and with great interest you gain general experience in the drawing and with that skill you will better unleash any other subject you want to draw realistic, these days drawing closer how the photos look because I feel that I must learn certain things but for certain reasons I tend not to share those drawings and I tend to publish only those drawings made more with my imagination.

Postby Ibyville » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 am

Ibyville

I will upload more drawings in this same post, as I do them
Last edited by Ibyville on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby LK Crown » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:05 am

LK Crown

Hey, you draw a lot of cute girls. You also have a very `cute` Style. :)
I am wondering: Are you a girl, who draws cute stuff or are you a boy, who likes cute girls? :D
Sorry in case you already told that, but I think you didnt mention it.
Rational Thought never helps.

Sketchbook:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89727

Postby Ibyville » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:24 am

Ibyville

LK Crown wrote:Hey, you draw a lot of cute girls. You also have a very `cute` Style. :)
I am wondering: Are you a girl, who draws cute stuff or are you a boy, who likes cute girls? :D
Sorry in case you already told that, but I think you didnt mention it.

I identify myself as a potato, and I would like to draw more variety of things but as I want to be more specialized than generalist it is what leads me to do what I do.

Postby Ibyville » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 am

Ibyville

More sketches! I need to figure it out pen -.-
Last edited by Ibyville on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby fi_le » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 am

fi_le

Hi Ibyville!
This is the first time I'm looking through here and your stuff is very pleasant to look at. One question though: Could it be that I saw you on Sycra's Patreon page? I can't quite tell, but the name kind sounds familiar...

Anyways, keep drawing :)

Postby Ibyville » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am

Ibyville

fi_le wrote:Hi Ibyville!
This is the first time I'm looking through here and your stuff is very pleasant to look at. One question though: Could it be that I saw you on Sycra's Patreon page? I can't quite tell, but the name kind sounds familiar...

Anyways, keep drawing :)

Oh thank you very much for your words in fact that is the effect I want to create in people, that's why I'm glad you told me. And yes I am patreon of Sycra, almost all these last months I have commented his videos, that's why my name should sound familiar to you, in fact if you check for the first page of my sketchbook you will find the links to the critics that Sycra has done to my drawings.

Postby fi_le » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am

fi_le

Oh, I knew I saw you there! I'll go watch the critiques soon.

Postby Ibyville » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Ibyville

c:

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook