Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Steeliebob » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:03 am

Steeliebob

Subject title: [NSFW-ish idk man] Xiphors Sketches

Loving the guy at the desk. Also loving the backview on the left:
Spoiler: show

Keep pushing! :)

Postby Engell79 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 am

Engell79

Nice work ethic Xiphor

Your sketches looks cool man, seem like you get alot out of doing em. kinda surprised you can keep that clean lines while sketching on paper.
seem like your exploring several aspects of the human form, ang getting alot out of it.

I find your sketches rather intresting, cuz u seem to be abel to keep them simple while showing advanced forms.

Postby Koźlik » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Koźlik

Good job with finishing the challenge ^^ It pays off for sure, man! You have much better skills now than when you had started :D
Also, do I see koza on desktop of this guy? :lol:
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check My Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on My Twitter and Instagram too.

Postby Xiphor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:01 am

Xiphor

DRaff210 wrote:The improvement is so clear. That desk illustration is totally on-point!

Thank you! I freehanded it so im surprised it even turned out at all xD

Steeliebob wrote:Loving the guy at the desk. Also loving the backview on the left:

Keep pushing! :)

Thank you! I will :D

Engell79 wrote:Nice work ethic Xiphor

Your sketches looks cool man, seem like you get alot out of doing em. kinda surprised you can keep that clean lines while sketching on paper.
seem like your exploring several aspects of the human form, ang getting alot out of it.

I find your sketches rather intresting, cuz u seem to be abel to keep them simple while showing advanced forms.

Well since ive been sketching with pen for so long, the lines have been getting fewer and fewer and more construction in my head. Also there are some veeeery faint lines that the camera doesnt necessarily pick up. Like for the big studies, they have a lot of construction that isnt shown in the picture since the lines are just faint enough for me to see. Then with the darker final lines, the contrast makes it very hard to notice them.

Koźlik wrote:Good job with finishing the challenge ^^ It pays off for sure, man! You have much better skills now than when you had started :D
Also, do I see koza on desktop of this guy? :lol:

Thank you Koz! Makes me very happy to hear that :) Also YES I didnt think it was even legible to see that since I did such a bad job with it xD I blame that it was just so small(it was actually my fault).

UPDATE TIME!

Been....hella busy. Like actually. Just had 4 tests in the last 3 days so yeah...not fun and not a lot of free time to draw or post or even be on the discord unfortunately. Hopefully though, since next week I will have off since its gonna be a break from school I just hope to pick up my pace back up(maybe up to 7-8 pages a day). Pretty much all the drawings I did were since the last update, which was like.... actually a week ago... So yeah. Not a lot of work. Though I will be participating in a contest soon on a 3D server that involves creating a scene(3D) from scratch although based on a passage from a book. I also volunteered to lead one of these teams as the art director. Also we had a mini version of this earlier in the week...just instead of having 5 weeks like in the contest...we had 3.5 hours to do it. Did I mention I had to lead this team and assemble it in like....1 hour when I had literal last second notice? It turned out ok-ish xD 3.5 hours ok-ish xD. I was also the only concept artist, so all the work I did for it, well the sizes are completely weird and whatever so I just decided to put it in a imgur link and post that. Anyway I just hope to get back to posting regularly again xD So yeah....

To the Drawings!
These are the mini contest stuff:
http://imgur.com/a/IhOJT

282.png
i want to work on a new OC. dubbed scorpion scarf guy

283.png

284.png

285.png

286.png

287.png

288.png
Virgin sweater ;)

289.png
unfinished page

Postby Xiphor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Xiphor

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Bit of newer stuff :D I mean its been a while since I updated on here so there is at least a bit of stuff. I am finally on my spring break so I should be able to get back on track this week! So im very excited :D Im already had a lot of fun drawing! Also I got Krita as it was recommended by some people and I wanted to try out some simple animating. The purpose is to really just get faster and also to get more energy into my figures :D Also of course to have a bit of fun xD Also proceeded with the anatomy tutorials and got started on the biceps! They arent so bad actually. I think I got the hang of them pretty well but I do want to keep on practicing them just to make sure I get them down pat. But either way...

To the Drawings!

290.png
Warm up and also Ember being a bit mad.

291.png

292.png

293.png
Hair practice :D

294.png

295.png

296.png

297.png
Tried some more costume designs from imagination. Personally Im most proud of that guy with glasses and hat XD

298.png

299.png
Value! Need to get better at them for sure. Also I think I finally found a brush in PS I really like :D

300.png

301.png
Posemaniacs

302.png
Proko ref

303.png

304.png
Imagination :D yay! I actually really like how these all turned out

305.png
more imagination

first-anim.gif
first animation xD

second.gif
second try!

3.gif
this one is a bit more silly xD

Postby Grass » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 pm

Grass

Those anatomy studies are awesome Xiphor! Really love those arm studies. That's my weakness because I'm having a hard time to draw the muscles on the lower arm part.
Especially hands. And your last animation is pretty hilarious. :lol: Good job on that. :D

Postby Steeliebob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:53 pm

Steeliebob

Sweet job man. I like the animated ones a lot. :) All these pages are looking so cool all together.

Postby Ragamuffin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:18 pm

Ragamuffin

Heh, i dig the animations.
Your anatomy is getting pretty solid :)

Postby kipzi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:51 am

kipzi

I adore your style

Postby Josephcow » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:49 am

Josephcow

nice animation work! I want to get into that.

Postby Engell79 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Engell79

That ANIMATION STUFF... NIIIIICE.....

I really like the one with the arm muscle movement... almost like an anatomy toturial for shoulder movement.

Postby Xiphor » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 am

Xiphor

Grass wrote:Those anatomy studies are awesome Xiphor! Really love those arm studies. That's my weakness because I'm having a hard time to draw the muscles on the lower arm part.
Especially hands. And your last animation is pretty hilarious. :lol: Good job on that. :D

Yeah arms are cool but hard to draw xD And yeah forearm stuff is weird :/

Steeliebob wrote:Sweet job man. I like the animated ones a lot. :) All these pages are looking so cool all together.

Thank you! Glad you guys are liking the animations xD

Ragamuffin wrote:Heh, i dig the animations.
Your anatomy is getting pretty solid :)

Yay! xD

kipzi wrote:I adore your style

>.>? I will take this as a compliment though I dont think i have much of a style xD.

Josephcow wrote:nice animation work! I want to get into that.

Thank you! Yeah its quite a bit of fun but its tedious. So make sure you allocate quite a bit of time since they take a while to do :/
Engell79 wrote:That ANIMATION STUFF... NIIIIICE.....

I really like the one with the arm muscle movement... almost like an anatomy toturial for shoulder movement.

Thank you Engell! Im really happy with that shoulder movement too actually xD I didnt think id get it looking good :D

UPDATE TIME!!!!

But first. WOW so many comments!!! Thank you so much xD Really makes me happy to see so much activity here xD. My break is also over ;w; I mean I got quite a bit of rest in so im happy with that. I also got to visit a museum with some old friends too so it was fun. I unfortunately didnt realize just how much time passed since I had last uploaded. So here is a lot of pages xD Also unfortunately it seems this week will be another pain in the ass week where I have 2 tests(calculus and business) and an english presentation to do....so yay... I also started a new OC design...he is a bit of a special one and he will most likely be going under a lot of development and re-designing. But yeah I hope ill get at least an update or two in this week ;w;...Either way...I have like 30 pages to upload and its late. So...

To the Drawings!

306.png
More arms

307.png

308.png

309.png
From ref

310.png

311.png

312.png

313.png
Tired :/

314.png
Imagination stuff

315.png
was trying to do some expressions

316.png
Character Design!!!

317.png
Posemaniancs random poses! Did these alongside tele

318.png
They were quite fun but hard because of the angles

319.png

320.png

321.png
Imagination again

322.png

323.png

324.png

325.png
A shit comic xD Well the text is good, just the quality of the pictures is shit. I was tired and had to go to bed so I rushed them :/ ALSO read it left column, then right column.

326.png
The quality also worsens as it goes on

327.png

328.png
AAAAND its almost a drawing from all the way the beginning of the sketchbook....man this just sucked xD *facepalm*

329.png

330.png
Figure Rotations

Also just realized the upload limit, I will do a double post then....

Postby Xiphor » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:28 am

Xiphor

331.png
More pose rotations

332.png

333.png

bodyconcept1.png
New character design! This is the first 2 iterations on his design.

hair1.png
Iterations of his hair style...

hair2.png

hair3.png
Most of this page is just practice of the final hair.

Postby PuRin0 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:21 am

PuRin0

wow so many pages i really need to work harder
i love the character design sheet so good!!
Sketchbook http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17698
20/m character artist wanabeee

Postby Xiphor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:36 am

Xiphor

PuRin0 wrote:wow so many pages i really need to work harder
i love the character design sheet so good!!

Thank you xD Yeah but he is gonna need a bit of re-designing and more iterations. I just hope I can do him justice since he is...well he is gonna be a damn awesome character if I can get him right.

UPDATE TIME!!!

Alright so a big update again since Ive been off for a while...I gotta get back into the habit of posting often xD. Anyway so there is some general sketching here then at the end there will be some character designing and also a style change. The change is because of a contest I am working on with a couple other people and we are going for a much more stylized look so I wanted to adapt to it a bit. Also the name of the character is May that you will see in the designs so far. It went from realistic stuff to more and more stylized. Ill put these pages first I think. Anyway its late as all hell here so ima upload these and go to bed :/ Also I dont count the pages of designs as sketch pages just to be clear xD

To the Drawings!

Girl Body Concepting2.png
Concepting different ages for the girl character, we thought she could be 3 different age groups. 10-12,13-16,17+ And we pretty much decided to go with the 10-12 since it looked/resonated the most with the scene we have.

rsz_girl_clothing_concept_renaissance.png
Did 2 dress designs until we decided that we wanted something more stylized so this is incomplete and it wont be finished

Girl Face Concept.png
Initial girl face concepts

Girl Face Concep[closed]t.png
Decided to do more stylized so stopped this one as well

334.png
To the pages xD

335.png

336.png

337.png
Math >.>

338.png

339.png
Tried like 2 sketches of drapery from imagination cuz why not right?

340.png

341.png
Really like those pants. Its actually from a guy I saw in the city while I was out in the museum and thought he had an interesting attire so I committed it to memory

342.png

343.png
Well...dont ask xD

344.png
STYLE CHANGE Its quite a bit different ik xD But i actually do like how it is its just that it wont be the style ill want to stick with since it conflicts with my usual stuff so much. Also hopefully this project will help me draw more girls and hopefully expressions xD

345.png
Warm ups in digital for the character desinging

346.png

347.png
This was actually the first page I attempted at this style, Page 344 I finished after this actually. Thats because I starts page 344 with like 2 sketches and then left it

348.png

349.png
Some expressions! Well I tried at least xD

20170330_010557.png
ALSO DONE the sketchbook! Another one down :D

Postby miloyoyo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 am

miloyoyo

damn this sketchbook is awesome, tons of mileage, experimentation, and progress! also congrats on finishing your sketchbook, keep up the good work!

Postby XFlameR » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:39 am

XFlameR

Nice studies, Xiphor. I really like those faces too that you made recently. Nice progress! Keep it up!

Postby Xiphor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:40 pm

Xiphor

miloyoyo wrote:damn this sketchbook is awesome, tons of mileage, experimentation, and progress! also congrats on finishing your sketchbook, keep up the good work!

Thank you Miloyoyo! Great to hear feedback like that :D

XFlameR wrote:Nice studies, Xiphor. I really like those faces too that you made recently. Nice progress! Keep it up!

Yay! Im glad that they are appealing xD Ive never really tried to do something appealing before >.> Somehow its working I guess xD Will do Flame!

Postby Koźlik » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Koźlik

Nice update, Xiph! Is your style change going to be pernament? :D I'd want to see where it develop!
I also really like the girl with glasses from this page: http://sycra.net/forum/download/file.php?id=59717
I like stylized girls from your last update a lot :)
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check My Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on My Twitter and Instagram too.

Postby lilla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:09 pm

lilla

those are some character drawings for May, I love seeing rough concepts like that! :D are you going to keep working on it?

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook