Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby KurisuStinah » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am

KurisuStinah

Subject title: Kyoobies's Sketchbook [NSFW & slowly figuring out how NSFW]

LOL why didn't I go through your sketchbook earlier xD It was a fun read and your stuff is creative! Killed me at "I want to be a loli" tho ' V 'b

Postby Xiphor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Xiphor

Having Ru be cute and all really makes me forget just how....well....much of a *cough*sociopath*cough* I mean personality she has you know. Yeah have fun kyoobies!

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:24 am

Kyoobies

PuRin0 wrote:hey that's cool :D imo opinion knowing what you wanna do with art is the hardest thing; I'm really happy for you for having a clear goal with your art !
Keep going dude ! can't wait to see where does your journey takes you :D

Thanks!
Valkhira wrote:I'm... I'm just... so... traumatized... by that... that... colossal... thing... @___@ No magic in this world can make that fit anywhere, I repeat, anywhere. I'm just like... No, you're too big to fit in here, too big to fit in here :lol: :lol:

Aaaawh, but that next post is so adorable, she got transformed into a adorable loli =') I think my trauma is cured.

I have no idea what that is but it is amazing but I somehow feel like a better person for having seen that. And sorry about that one, yeah not even a mcguffin can make that monster work. Now if I could stop doing other things and finish that freaking pose practice! Damn fundamentals... And yay! (≧◡≦) ♡ I need to work on my lolis more though some time soon, they're adorable.

iqhunter wrote:Ahah, your style is so awesome x) You have some pretty creative stuff in here! :)

Wooh hooh style is coming through! \(^▽^)/

Wyntry wrote:I believe that having fun and doing fun artwork is definitely the path to go. Love your latest stuff. dare I say it's high in the cute factor? :D Have a great Christmas!

Fun stuff is great, anything to get you drawing more really. Plus it allows for a lot of creativity. And yes, I love me some adorable stuff. It's great because it's awesome on its own, but also juxtaposes a lot of "other stuff" super well. =3 And thanks! Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

KurisuStinah wrote:LOL why didn't I go through your sketchbook earlier xD It was a fun read and your stuff is creative! Killed me at "I want to be a loli" tho ' V 'b

Yes! o(>ω<)o If that's the case then I'm doing things right and I'm super happy, now I just need to get fundamentals and a practice routine down. And yeah, Ru wants to be a cute and happy loli, that's even why she wears a raincoat (because they always look moe). :lol: The fact that it's easy to clean blood off of is just a coincidental bonus.

Xiphor wrote:Having Ru be cute and all really makes me forget just how....well....much of a *cough*sociopath*cough* I mean personality she has you know. Yeah have fun kyoobies!

Yes.... yes indeed... Thanks! (╥﹏╥)

(I do have some good gestures done, I got Hampton's book and am studying it. I wanna do some digital stuff too though.) 60 sec.
Spoiler: show
Ref from last one:
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Postby Unknown001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:37 am

Unknown001

For me is "Time to draw" 2 hours later after watching videos on youtube or art on artstation "gonna go rest a bit" XD

You sure nailed that last one, the flow of the lines and the gesture are masterful. May you be my sensei plz T&T

Btw, great practice, you are getting the hang of it :D
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

Postby strudelsandwich » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:25 pm

strudelsandwich

I'm definitely a fan of your comics, they always have great personality to them!

Postby Kyoobies » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Kyoobies

Unknown001 wrote:For me is "Time to draw" 2 hours later after watching videos on youtube or art on artstation "gonna go rest a bit" XD

You sure nailed that last one, the flow of the lines and the gesture are masterful. May you be my sensei plz T&T

Btw, great practice, you are getting the hang of it :D

Same. T^T I'm trying to work on that. Hence Ru's "motivation" . And thank you, it's kinda hard to tell when gestures work or not because you usually only see amazing ones in books and stuff, but more so than with other stuff you feel like you should be able to do that. :lol: "That looks easy enough, it's not much more than a stick figure" oooooh heeeell no, they are very challenging. I'm glad mine seem to be okay though! :D

strudelsandwich wrote:I'm definitely a fan of your comics, they always have great personality to them!

Thank you! o(≧▽≦)o I certainly need to work on them more, hopefully I can learn to get good momentum with them soon.

Some gestures and then some 3 minute stuff, Hampton's book has really helped me out here and this may be the beginnings of me finally being comfortable enough to draw every day. ^^

Pretty messy, but that's to be expected at this point I would think. :P

Postby iqhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:18 pm

iqhunter

Hey, have you tried to put it all together in comic strips? x) Like : http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/ ... 3710&qo=87 or http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... 3710&qo=89
Idk, i guess it's something you might like :)

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Kyoobies

iqhunter wrote:Hey, have you tried to put it all together in comic strips? x) Like : http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/ ... 3710&qo=87 or http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... 3710&qo=89
Idk, i guess it's something you might like :)

I've done it once before. It's fun, and it's something I think about a bunch when brainstorming. It's really hard though to think of good jokes where the whole setup and punchline fits within just four panels. Also there's an objective reason to simplify stuff like that, and that could end up getting in the way of the pose practice. And if I make it really long then it will be over 1000px. :P If I ever so something proper, that's on my mind though. ^^
Old doopy doo I did

And here's some more 1 minutes and 3 minutes.

I feel so boring with all this "fundamental practice" and "universally applicable skills" in these "efficient and consistent practice sessions" or whatever. ┐( ̄ヘ ̄;)┌ :lol: Hopefully I can get fun stuff spliced in, along with my Hampton studies.
Oh yeah and I made a thingy for myself, and anyone else who wants it except probably not since nobody here would find it relevant to them. :V

--------NSFW--------

Postby Kyoobies » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Kyoobies

Some really bleh gestures, I feel terrible with them tonight. (>﹏<) ...Oh well ^^

And digital junk.

Postby Unknown001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 am

Unknown001

:lol: the long necked one makes me laugh XD Good work 0/ ^-^
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

Postby Moe » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Moe

That pose on the bottom right looks dope. Keep it up, kyoo

Postby Wyntry » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Wyntry

So many gestures. I need to step my game up. :) Lookin good, Kyo. :)
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wyntry_art/

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Kyoobies

Unknown001 wrote::lol: the long necked one makes me laugh XD Good work 0/ ^-^

Lol, I never expected anyone to like the dumb arm-leg, tentacle-arm, long-neck nonsense warm up drawing! xD Thanks!

Moe wrote:That pose on the bottom right looks dope. Keep it up, kyoo

Thanks! ^^ Figures make for great reference.

Wyntry wrote:So many gestures. I need to step my game up. :) Lookin good, Kyo. :)

Thank you. :3 Yeah gestures are a great way to build up drawing as a habit, being just a bunch of quick 1 minute drawings that don't really matter individually.

Okie dokie! I think I'm good with the daily gestures now, and in the Hampton book I'm going onto the next chapter. :D (Still gonna do them, just not daily)
In the meantime, I did a few references of a thing I really like. I went back to it, and went "Oh cool... this style is so perfect for me right now! o(≧▽≦)o "

Also, I have a new character yay!
--------Spoilered for NSFW reasons--------

--------Spoilered for NSFW reasons--------

Postby Kyoobies » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 pm

Kyoobies

Hangouts are super fun. (* ^ ω ^)

Lots of ref stuff. Something about hips that get really curvy --but not enough that it's that hentai kind of chubby curvy-- just messes with my brain so much and confuses the hell out of me. (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

Postby Kam » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Kam

Your drawings have a strong cute vibe, not sure if I've said that before though...
And don't be paranoid about that, draw whatever makes you happy and makes you wanna draw more, also I noticed you use little lines for sketches which is great to keep them unclutered in clean, do you aim to do that or is it just how you roll?

Postby Telepurte » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:11 am

Telepurte

I love your sense of humour in everything.

Also your drawings are looking pretty good! keep going!
Hey, before you keep browsin', check my art out if you haven't already!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17763
http://telepurte.deviantart.com/

Postby Ragamuffin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Ragamuffin

What's up with... oooh, nine-tails. Got it xD

Good thing you're studying hips! i think they're the sexiest part of the female figure. That and legs. Butts are good too. Also boobs.

And "what the fuck is a pelvis" is a wonderful question.

Postby Xiphor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Xiphor

Those are looking great Kyoobies! You are progressing really well! Keep it up man :D

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Kyoobies

Daaaaaamn, I never like posting when almost at the end of a page..... :lol:
I'll respond to comments when I post properly, but in the meantime here's a study of a stick.

Postby Engell79 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Engell79

that stick is really stickable!! wow... he he

joke aside...

thx for your qute'n'disturbing version of manga, i highly enjoy your pages.

looks like your evolving into a cartoonist :-)

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook