This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby SylarCookie » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:01 am

SylarCookie

Subject title: Searching for an Art Buddy or Mentor

Hello, I just joined today, but for some time I have been on the lookout for an art buddy or mentor who is at my skill level or above to help me with, well, basically understanding everything about art! First of all, here's a link to my deviantART gallery: http://ayrania-chan.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ (please focus on stuff that I've posted within the last six months), and here's another to my daily sketch tag on Tumblr: http://munchycrunchycookie.tumblr.com/t ... ily-sketch .

It's a bit difficult to appraise my own skill level, but I would estimate that I'm just above beginner's level, but probably not quite at intermediate, though would greatly appreciate anybody taking a stab at letting me know where I am. Admittedly I don't make finished artworks very often, though I sketch from reference and imagination basically every day in order to improve over time. In terms of things I'm aiming to improve at the moment, it's definitely confidence with line, anatomy, and all colouring skills.

I prefer to make art in manga/cartoon/semi-realism style, but am focusing on learning from reality and life. Lately I make a lot of fan art, because it's what I'm inspired to do.

If you're interested in being an art buddy of mine (first of all thank you), I would have this to offer:

- Constructive criticism
- Willingness and enthusiasm to collaborate or draw together
- Almost daily internet presence
- A background in fine art
- A basic understanding of foundations in art

I hope this isn't too long a post!

Postby Fedodika » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:26 am

Fedodika

pm me if you need help :)

Postby bringer » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:15 am

bringer

Cookie,

Your art looks very good! I'm also looking for a mentor/art buddy, though, my work is a bit closer to the "beginner" end of the scale than yours. I haven't posted any work publicly but I need to. I have no particular style yet - I draw anything and everything. Shoot me a pm if you want my Skype name and other contact info.

bringer

Postby SylarCookie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 am

SylarCookie

Thank you for your offer Fedodika, I will do so if I can think of any questions!

And thank you also bringer c:

Postby Naomi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Naomi

z
Last edited by Naomi on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jenn » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:00 am

Jenn

Oooohhhhh! I really like the idea of this page, I don't know if you guys are looking for a more personal one on one or a general thing where everyone kinda just does their thing and pitches in, but I think it's a great opportunity of everyone to learn a bit from each other and share what they've learned and tips they think are useful. I'm looking forward to seeing what direction this page is heading towards! :D
Feel free to check out some of my sketches; any tips and feedback are greatly welcomed. Thanks!

My Sketches: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9095

Postby LittleLemonSeed » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:31 am

LittleLemonSeed

I'd love to be your art buddy...I don't knkw what level I'm at since I've just started back drawing
I'm into drawing mostly with traditional art tools (mainly because I don't have a tablet yet) and I like semi-realism,cartoon,animation,concept,character design,and illustration.

I also have a deviantart and tumblr...I have skypr but I dont really use it often.
My username for both tumblr and DA are LittleLemonSeed

Postby hainoki » Sat May 03, 2014 12:26 pm

hainoki

Hey there Cookie, I'm willing to help you out. I wouldn't consider myself an expert or anything but I am pretty big into drawing anime/manga style things. I'm by no means the best at it, but I like to think I'm at least past the intermediate level just a bit. The link to my deviantArt account is below if you're interested in looking at my work. I have access to internet all day, everyday for now so staying in contact wouldn't be a problem. I have a skype, a deviantArt, and a tumblr. Any of those would be just perfect to stay in contact. I look forward to maybe working with you to become better at art! I wish you well in your endeavors either way.

- hainoki

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies