This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby Jhaiden84 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:33 am

Jhaiden84

Subject title: seeking mentor(s)

Hi I'm Ray,

I go by Jhaiden. have been drawing for about a year and a half now. Just when I think I'm making head way and doing great I start to feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Throughout my research I find that a lot of current art professionals say art school isn't the best option because of the cost and if you can manage self training is the better way to go. I feel like I am on an epic quest for the master sword or something.

I'd really like to get involved in a community and hopefully find some structure to guide me a little better through progress.

feel free to contact me Via Skype or Google

Gmail:Sparktank84@gmail.com

I'll attach some of my work.
thanks!
Jhaiden
zim0.jpg
gambit.jpg
tbm_by_jhaiden_black84-d6p2x1u.jpg
skull.jpg

Postby Fedodika » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Fedodika

just message me if you need help

Postby Jhaiden84 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Jhaiden84

Thanks!

My weak points are the fundementals. Anatomy, perspective, landscapes, and creating. I only seem to be able to copy. The comments I've gotten thus far have been great. I'm trying to study things for application rather than just copy them and not internalise any of the information. I'm hoping that will help. I'll try not to bug you, but I'll definitely take you up on that.

Cheers

-Jhai

Postby Aangkat » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:06 am

Aangkat

Hi dude!
Do you really live in California?
I don't know if you have noticed, but California is one of the Golden spot in the world when it comes about art.
You have all the Disney studios and great masters that teaches really good.
You could easy go to Jeff watts, Glenn Vilppu, Sheldon academy to get hard core fundamentals with fun.
You can take monthly courses, just save money and go. THere are a lot of awesome workshops as well!
You should really take the opportunity of the location you are living in!
Just want to say that.

Postby Jhaiden84 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 am

Jhaiden84

thanks! and yes I do live in California. The issue is money, and well time. Not to mention I just kind of emerged into this art world, and don't rightly know much of it.

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies