This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby 8ronwen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:25 pm

8ronwen

Subject title: Looking for art pals!

Hi, so I'm 23 and from England.

I'm looking for study buddies so we chat on skype and keep each other motivated. I'd really like that extra push to help keep practising, and would be happy if we could critique each others work, do challenges together etc. It would be nice if prospective friends had a sense of humour and were actual human beings, no aliens, bots, or cats behind a keyboard please.

Here is something I drew recently so you can get an idea of what kind of level I'm on.
formstudy.jpg

Postby Bendasch » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Bendasch

Hey.

I'm 24 years old and live in Germany.

I'm also looking for people to study with atm. I've always been sort of interested in drawing but I've never been serious about it. But in the last couple of weeks and months I've really gotten hooked and want to stay at it. Right now, I spend like 2-3hrs/day on drawing or generally on art related stuff. But I plan to gradually increase that. I'm kind of serious about improving, so it'd be great, if you also had some ambitions there.

Here are two images of stuff I did lately: http://imgur.com/a/q3vi3 . On the first there are some 2min and 5min figure drawings I did yesterday (from reference.sketchdaily.net). The second I drew from foto reference a couple of weeks back, which actually took me a few hours. I think I've improved a bunch since then, but I'm obviously still pretty terrible ;).

How long have you been at it and how much time do you spend per day/week?

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies