This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby femarot » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:32 am

femarot

Subject title: Looking for a buddy or a trainer (comic style)

Hi everyone. I'm new in the forum, and some new drawing too.
First at all, I want to clear out that I'm not a very good English speaker, but I know a little, enough for a chat I guess.
I'm Argentinian, i'm 20, and I'm looking for a partner to share information.

Right now I'm a Student of Marcelo Sosa, an former Marvel employee, and I'm learning a lot of the bases. With the bases I mean things like perspective, colour, anatomy, composition, diferent elements, styles and that kind of stuff.

I have posted my first attemp to make a comic in my deviant ( http://femarot.deviantart.com/ ), I know there are a lot of issues, but it's completly tradicional, I just added the texts after the scan (the work is in a B3 sheet, what's very big, like 350x500 mm).

What I want most is to share draws and critiques in a personal way. My teacher is always showing me my mistakes, and helping me with that, but I want a more amateur opinion.

Too I would need a big help with digital art. I have some digitals works, but I don't realize how to paint well in photoshop, neither knew anything about brushes or layers effects (just the basic).

Hopes to find someone interesed!.

(By the way, if someone need some help from me, feel free to ask. I handle acrylics and ink aswell, and I feel enough confident about that for explain to who need helps.)
Just an art student, with the wish of become a good artist someday. I invite you to see my work and progress here:
http://femarot.deviantart.com/

Postby Gaurav » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Gaurav

Welcome buddy, first of all I am jealous cause you have a great teacher and second that I think you are doing great you have been learning it for 3-6 month or so I guess so it's alright. And best of luck.

Postby femarot » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 pm

femarot

thanks!, my teacher is very great, not just as artist, so as human. Sadly next year I'm moving to a university out of the city, so this is the end of my comics study I guess (I have been learning with him since march, so, like 9 months right now).
Again, thanks for your opinion and hope to meet you in the forums!
Just an art student, with the wish of become a good artist someday. I invite you to see my work and progress here:

Postby Gaurav » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:42 am

Gaurav

Don't be sad cause you can contact him any time you want and if you need any help just ask I'll be there for you.

Postby Zeroatz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:17 pm

Zeroatz

oh, heyyy man~!! I actually tried working a lot in comics too, thou my comic style is bit more manga style haha
I "specialize" (hopefully be able to haha) in horror and psychological genres. I actually wanted to work on bit with comic later down the road, but at the moment I'm focusing mostly on animation. I don't really work on traditional materials thou, mostly digital haha I only sketch sometimes traditionally :(

Man, having a former marvel employee as a mentor is awesome man~! haha I imagine you should get alot of great directional advice :D

I don't think my comic drawing skills are amazing, haha but if you need some amateur critique and pointers with digital drawings, I'll be glad to help out. I'm always looking for people to take pointers from when it comes to drawing comics.
A total Idiotic Dreamer :3
My DevianART / My SketchBook

Postby femarot » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:17 pm

femarot

Zeroatz wrote:oh, heyyy man~!! I actually tried working a lot in comics too, thou my comic style is bit more manga style haha
I "specialize" (hopefully be able to haha) in horror and psychological genres. I actually wanted to work on bit with comic later down the road, but at the moment I'm focusing mostly on animation. I don't really work on traditional materials thou, mostly digital haha I only sketch sometimes traditionally :(

Man, having a former marvel employee as a mentor is awesome man~! haha I imagine you should get alot of great directional advice :D

I don't think my comic drawing skills are amazing, haha but if you need some amateur critique and pointers with digital drawings, I'll be glad to help out. I'm always looking for people to take pointers from when it comes to drawing comics.

Would be cool! , if u want to give me your facebook or something more private where we could chat, would be wonderful. And maybe we could try to make a lil comic working together (as practice, of curse).
Sorry for the late reply, I hasn't been in the forums this month

Postby Zeroatz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Zeroatz

femarot wrote:Would be cool! , if u want to give me your facebook or something more private where we could chat, would be wonderful. And maybe we could try to make a lil comic working together (as practice, of curse).
Sorry for the late reply, I hasn't been in the forums this month

Ah haha no worries man, sure man~! that would definitely sound interesting~! hahah is skype all good? add me up under zeroatz :)
A total Idiotic Dreamer :3
My DevianART / My SketchBook

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies