This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby VDale » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:44 am

VDale

Subject title: Serious Student Looking For a Serious Mentor

I am looking for someone who can mentor me in becoming a better artist, both digitally and traditionally if possible. I am determined to 'level up' as Sycra was talking about on the introduction post, and I know I need someone to help me along the way or I will get lazy.

I have problems in starting a piece, but once I get going I usually go along for the ride and see where it takes me. I also have problems with proportion, anatomy, HANDS, texture, and the way that clothing falls.

I am looking for someone I can send messages to at any time (not expecting an immediate reply of course) and know that when they can they will look at it and reply. Someone who I can bond with and become eventual art equals and build a friendship that will last forever.

I need someone who understands art and can make the corrections that I either can't see, or refuse to see.

Sorry if I am coming across too harsh or stern or something, I just know I need a good push if that makes sense...

Thanks for reading even if you can't help. <3

Postby z4m97 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:00 pm

z4m97

hallo there!
you sound like you wanna improve at any cost and i like that
but an image or two of your current level would be amazing to see if im the one for you.
my sb is a bit out of date, but i have taught before both here and in person, you can see some of my lessons here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16661 on gesture drawing
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16660 on character design

ive just finished the 4 weeks term and im interested in mentoring you to see where it takes, if youre interested too, hit me a message :D

Postby VDale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:24 pm

VDale

I've deleted quite a few of my drawings because I want to start again, but this is what I am currently Working on;

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae114/Siku_Sable_Kaiuke/Sycra%20Ultimate%20Photoshop%20Tutorial_zpsyxqqcfzw.png

It said the image was too big to post directly here.

Postby z4m97 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 pm

z4m97

so first of all thats quite a nice set of pics!
i like the third one the most
so i guess i can help you out, but just dont expect to get AWESOME in 1 day, ive been in this for 3 years and im nowhere near that
first of all im gonna teach you traditional before moving on to digital.
i use a renaissance approach over the academic approach, this means that we wont replicate photos, but instead analize them and translate the information, this works on two main fronts:
1.- you wont be tied to your reference, you will be able to tweak it and change it to solve problems that might appear specially when working from photographs
2.- it makes drawing from imagination a lot easier.

the mentoring i can give is primarily focused in figure drawing, but approached in a way that will let you draw basically anything you want...
hit me a message if youre interested!

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies