This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby Error » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 am

Error

Subject title: Please Ignore

Never mind!
Last edited by Error on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheFeebzter » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:09 pm

TheFeebzter

I'm no teacher, as I'm not good at explaining things, but it would be cool to have an art buddy. :D

I have some questions, that need considering though:

1. What kind of art are you interested in?
I am shooting for a semi-realistic 'manga' style, myself, and I want the skill to draw my own manga eventually.
It's fine if you don't know specifically, but I doubt I could lend you much advice if you were practising, say, photorealism, for example.

2. What time zone do you live in/when do you draw?
It would be nice to do hangouts/communicate/study when it's good for both parties, instead of really late at night for one person. ^^;
I live in the UK, so my time zone is BST at the moment.

I get bored much too quickly when learning things, so having a buddy should push me to persevere more! :lol:
The things I would like to learn (alongside you maybe?) are:
- Human anatomy
- Figure drawing (good practise for applying anatomy lessons, gesture drawing, etc)
- Character consistency (good one, I definitely need to work on that!)
- Perspective
- Animal anatomy (I'd probably focus on things like wings and stuff to draw birds and dragons)

So yeah, if you think you'd like me as an art buddy, then yay! :D
If not, then I'm around on the forum most days anyway (along with a number of more competent artists than I ^^;), if you need any help at all!

Postby Error » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:59 pm

Error

TheFeebzter wrote:I'm no teacher, as I'm not good at explaining things, but it would be cool to have an art buddy. :D

- snipped off the rest of this -

Hello!

Ah, answering questions:

1. I'm aiming to figure out a... Realistic cartoonish style, so quite possibly a semi-realistic 'manga' style? I'm not entirely sure of what sort of style I want yet, but I know for sure I do not have much interest in photorealism. I have always been inspired by concept art for games and movies, so I've always wanted to be able to draw my worlds and characters in different styles that fit for their worlds. So the ability to change styles according to the theme or feel of a story is quite possibly what I'm aiming for. ^^;

2. I live in the USA - in MT (Mountain Time). I tend to draw in the afternoon (from 3 pm to 8 pm at the latest). I have a friend in the UK, so I'm aware of the unfortunate time difference.

I think since we both have the same general things we want to work at - we could give being art buddies a try? The only problem I see is possibly the time difference.

Postby Azteca » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:41 am

Azteca

Hey Im trying to do some gesture stuff aswell! I really wanna try getting better at animal and human body to the point i can do that without reference and it seems your the kind of person that really knows what theyre doing! we should study together sometime :D

Postby Error » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Error

Azteca wrote:Hey Im trying to do some gesture stuff aswell! I really wanna try getting better at animal and human body to the point i can do that without reference and it seems your the kind of person that really knows what theyre doing! we should study together sometime :D

Hello! I would be happy to study with you - do you have a preferred form of contact? (Such as Skype, e-mail, private message on here.)

Postby Azteca » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:00 am

Azteca

Awsome we should do a google hangouts sometime! I sent you a pm with my email! What kind of stuff would you want to do and like when are you usually available?

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies