This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby qwertz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:43 am

qwertz

Subject title: Looking for a mentor or study buddy

Hey there! I'm a 20 year old beginner from Hungary, and I'm looking for a mentor.

Couple months ago I discovered my passion for art and started practicing some things, but the thing is that i feel pretty.. lost? I did the " drawing on the right side of the brain" book, and now I don't really know where to go from here. I'd like to do comics later on. I don't have a tablet, i work traditionally in my sketchbooks, so I'd scan my works to my mentor.

If you are interested, please let me know, I'd really like to improve, but when studying on my own, I always feel like I'm missing something, so I could use some guidance :D

Postby z4m97 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:39 am

z4m97

ok, i am interested... BUT i dont see your drawings anywhere so i cant tell if im the right one...
now ive been mentoring before and it all went down because of the schedule... so yeah that can be a problem too if your schedule is too different and too tight...
i primarily work on manga/comicbook style, but my foundations are realistic so basically whatever style you wanna get to, i can give you a push... i mainly focus on figure drawing and i work traditionally too, rather than giving full classes im more comfortable giving GUIDANCE, which is basically excercises, tips, critiques and stuff... explaining everything like in a classroom is rather difficult through the internet...
i know its not the best first impression i can give but its just that i want it all to be really clear...
to check my work go to my sketchbook but i would rather go to my DA because im sharing my sb with a friend and it can be kinda dizzy to know what is mine and whats not...

Postby qwertz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:46 am

qwertz

Hello! Glad you are interested! Yeah, sorry about not posting artworks, but i dont have a full acces to a scanner ( my friend has one). I saw some your works and they are really cool! I'm also interested in comic/manga style. Here are couple of things I managed to scan:
1pt perspective.jpg
I started off with perspective a few months ago, this is a finished copy of an exercise
stuff.jpg
Having no idea what to do and still practicing perspective
right side of the brain.jpg
A portrait exercise from the book " Drawing on the right side of the brain"
life drawing.jpg
A life drawing I did recently
gesture1.jpg
I found a weekly program online, which I'm doing right now, and as part of it, I had to do 25 gestures from photos, and 25 from imagination, here are some of the better result. ( I outlined them because with their original loose light lines you couldn't see them after scanned)
gestures2.jpg
gesture3.jpg
heads.jpg
As part of that weekly program, I had to do 12 portraits from photos and 12 from imagination but I just couldn't do that much, I ended up with a very few..
program.jpg
And the program itself. Having no guidance, I find this weekly program really useful, altough I couldn't do everything, seemed too much, and i just felt really overwhelmed

Postby z4m97 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:15 pm

z4m97

the roblem with that program seems to be that its too wide and thus it doesnt let you focus on any skill... also it seems more lke an intermediate artist focused program...
oukayyy... ill be pmessaging you lets see if we can come up with something better for a regular base k? :D

Postby qwertz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:50 pm

qwertz

Cool, thanks! :) Yeah I did feel like it was too much for me.. :D

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies