This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby MidnightSummer » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:46 pm

MidnightSummer

Subject title: In Need of Guidance and Assistance

Hello my fellow passionate artists! My name is Nathaniel and I have to admit, I do need some help for enhancing the kind of art style that I want to do. I'm only 17 and for one more year, I'm about to apply to an art school. I am still working on my portfolio requirements but I also illustrate some other stuff for fun and practice. I have been studying a lot of anatomy lately specifically for the male torso.

So about my style. I'm truly inspired of PenguinFrontier's work. He mainly does muscular guys and background drawing, often mixing the two. I found myself wanting to illustrate something like his

The first picture is his work on a slightly muscular guy and the second picture is mine. That is the closest that I could get and without a background. The third image is his work with a nice background for his characters.

So hopefully you finally have a grasp of what I want to learn and improve

Here's my deviantart http://classicmisdirection.deviantart.com/gallery/ Thanks in advance! :)
jean_by_penguinfrontier-d6tnxyf.jpg
DevinOriginalRemake10EyeBig111.jpg
delivery_log_1_00_pm_by_penguinfrontier-d703800.jpg

Postby artisticMonkey » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:32 pm

artisticMonkey

Hey, I'm willing to help you out. I want to greatly improve as well within the next year, so I can get a job next summer. I'm in college at the moment so at times am tight on time.
If you want you can see some of my work @anartmind on tumblr.
Just pm me if you want my help.
When I get the time we can do a Google hangout.

Postby MidnightSummer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:26 am

MidnightSummer

I just saw some of your artworks and they look pretty badass :)
And sure thing! :)

Postby artisticMonkey » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 pm

artisticMonkey

Thanks! :D
Glad to hear it!

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies