This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby Ryukishi » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Ryukishi

Subject title: Collective comic book

Hi, I'm starting this project of a collective comic book where every illustrators involved have to draw a character in the comic and the part he's figure in. It can be as little as a one to an infinite amount of page. The participants can also draw a team instead of one character. The main actions will be encounters and fights (we can play with visual fight, I'll explain below) between characters, so we will sometime have to work on the same pages. The idea and story which would be slowly unveiled during the comic is that of a distant future where after a scientific war disaster genetic mutations and space time continuum gone wrong, so every creature unconsciously shapes their surroundings; this is the explanation for the switch between the different styles of the different illustrator. Due to this disaster that leave us place for fantastical creatures, but not the old mythical one like vampire werewolf etc.., it will be an all new set of creatures created by us. The first and main plot for the first volume is about a terrifying(rumor) monster that is threatening the world to it's destruction because someone has stolen his egg. The rumor is that to whom which return the egg is granted of a witch (false rumor). Each characters will be drawn to find the egg in a way or another, but everything will go wrong and obstacles won't stop popping out until they merely forget the main goal.
Right now I searching for one collaborator or more. It's all about fast painting and sketching as final result, but you need to know or study comic strip composition a little bit. If there is more than one collaborator we will be voting for the decisions. In the best world I would like to sell the comic book and give back money from this revenue, some contract that we will collectively vote.
Here the facebook page and a peak on the first pages.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Collecti ... 88?fref=ts

If you are interested give a shout first, we will get in touch before starting anything. You can still send idea here.

Postby artisticMonkey » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:43 pm

artisticMonkey

Hello, this sounds like a very interesting project! I've been interested in doing something like this for some time. Judging by a few of your images I believe I would be able to join in. Right now I'm in college so at times I will have a tighter schedule than others, but I make a point to paint or draw everyday for at least 1-3 hours. At the moment I don't have my work all in one place, but I will contact you soon with a url so that you can see some of my work, if you're still looking for a team member.

Postby Ryukishi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Ryukishi

That's good news :D thanks. I also don't have a lot of time, but if someone in I can find some for sure.

Postby liesinred » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:27 pm

liesinred

Sounds fun

Postby z4m97 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:56 pm

z4m97

i wanna join, if youre still looking fora team member

Postby Ryukishi » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Ryukishi

z4m97 wrote:i wanna join, if youre still looking fora team member

Nice my skype is Remi Allard mayer or remi_a_m@hotmail.com

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies