This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby WifeOfBunny » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:23 am

WifeOfBunny

Subject title: Canine Anatomy Mentor?

Alright, so I find myself doodling when I am not typing rapidly to talk to my dear wifey, and usually I am trying to draw a canine. I've got no real grasp of canine anatomy, and I wish to draw many things of canines both traditionally and digitally. Let me state this now, I cannot pay for this mentorship. I've got a dog that's going to need constant medical visits, and a cat that might be developing diabetes and I'm the one who's got to pay for her insulin if that's what it takes to keep from putting her down. For those of you with a deviantart account, I'm interested in drawing the Capo Cane D'Italia breed and their anatomy seems to be...challenging. If anyone has any tips, at least, could I be PMed with them?

Postby Ren » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:40 pm

Ren

I think you might have more luck if you post (or get an admin to move your post) to the "Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies" subforum. That's specifically for the purpose of finding mentors or pupils or buddies.

I checked that breed of dog, it does seem a bit challenging, but perhaps you could check Proko's videos about shapes such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uEtdDvK6Xo (with the basics) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59y ... Y9Fbw_d2ws (for gesture drawings, and gesture is in everything). As you see, the exercise he proposes at the beginning of the first video is to simplify animals into shapes. I've used his advice for my own practice on human form and I think I benefitted from it, so you might find those useful as well.

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Ambiguity

Ren wrote:I think you might have more luck if you post (or get an admin to move your post) to the "Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies" subforum. That's specifically for the purpose of finding mentors or pupils or buddies.

Woops, I meant to move this there when it was first posted.

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies