This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby oscuro » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:13 am

oscuro

Subject title: Looking for a mentor, slow steps and fundementals

Yes ive been drawing on the mouse for awhile, and im getting a tablet on monday. Im looking for somewhat who is experienced with the basic fundamentals of art. Slow and steady, nothing too overwhelming. I never used a tablet before, so chances are it might be a tad weird at first. As for what i draw, ill be honest. I mostly draw pokemon, hope that doesn't throw people off. Though people draw what they will, cant judge them for it.

The art program im using is painter sai.
The art tablet im getting is a Wacom CTL471 Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet. Which is arriving monday

Hope you guys could help me, ive been stumped on things such as anatomy and sometimes coloring, it would be nice to learn the fundamentals to get me going. But not have a whole bunch of information crammed down my throat heheh. I do like working at a steady pace
Last edited by oscuro on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I love Marshtompz!
My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11941

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:43 am

Ambiguity

You can do what you want to, but if you want my opinion, I think you should learn to use your preferred medium(in this case your tablet and software) before looking for a mentor if you want to get the most out of their knowledge. I mean if you're struggling to use your tools, there is very little chance of you absorbing other information. Besides that, I think it shows appreciation for your mentor's time by coming prepared, just my opinion though.

Postby oscuro » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:39 pm

oscuro

Hmmm, your right. I should get used to things before i ask for help. Ill be back in about a week or two to get used to my tablet, if im having trouble learning from there. Then at least ill be used to my tablet to absorb the information better, perhaps i was asking help a little too soon.

Any case, thank you for your concern.
Hello! I love Marshtompz!
My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11941

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies