This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby Pencilstar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Pencilstar

Subject title: Art buddy wanting to go pro

Have looked around on the forum for people to draw with but most people don't seem serious about it sadly =/. School will start up again soon so there will not be that much time to draw but hoping to find someone, gets lonely drawing all day T_T. Anyway let me know if your interested and thank you for your time.

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Ambiguity

Pencilstar wrote:Have looked around on the forum for people to draw with but most people don't seem serious about it sadly =/.

What makes you say that? If that's your impression, you're probably not really looking much.

Postby Julia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Julia

I agree with the previous post. I am serious about this, so add me up.

My skype username: mucuna , name: Fire

Here is my art buddy topic to see my goals: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11221

Also, my sketchbook for easier reference - I am new to this, but very focused: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11179

Postby Roger » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Roger

You both aren't gonna reach anyone asking like that. Not everyone here has that mentality and those that do are already doing the stuff they need to get better, sounds like you both should be each others art buddy.

Also, it is insulting to everyone here that you will say you can't find anyone serious about art. When there are plenty of SB here that have people shown improvement over the course of it. You're better off drawing alone if you keep this mentality up cause I doubt anyone here will want to participate with you because of what you said.

You both should checkout the google hangout thread that is here and get with them, if you can't than this place ain't for you. My Skype is Lebleuloup, feel free to add if you want to talk about art and any other stuff. I'm a traditional artist for now

Edited! Skim Scanning isn't a good way to read!
Last edited by Roger on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11 Come visit my Sketchbook!

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:20 am

Ambiguity

Roger wrote:Same goes for you Julia, since you agree to this post.

I think she meant she agrees with my post.

Postby Zearthus » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Zearthus

First and foremost, start posting your sketches. If one is really serious about improving, then creating their sketchbook thread is the first and most important step. When it comes to seriousness, I try my best to maintain mileage/routine on a daily basis. Its definitely beneficial having more buddies to talk to. Since it creates this kind of virtual classroom/group space, where one can discuss with another.

But I do wonder if you're looking in the right threads, because there are quite a handful of artist in training that qualifies as serious practitioner. But who am I to define whose serious or not?
BEHANCE: https://www.behance.net/brian-hermelijn
SKETCHBOOK: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8158&hilit=Zearthus&start=540

"I do not sugarcoat, rather I write my honest opinion"

Postby Snakebreath » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Snakebreath

What qualifies as serious to you? Because there are many sketchbooks which have over 30 pages at this point, and a handful with over 50 pages. So either you haven't looked very hard, or you have a strange interpretation of "serious"

Either way, feel free to ad me on Skype, I don't "draw" on livestream often, as it gets very distracting to me, but I'm always open to chat ^^

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies